Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with the cron tab.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with the cron tab. Post 302503244 by vbe on Thursday 10th of March 2011 04:17:22 AM
Old 03-10-2011
Just add an extra line at the end of the job to chmod "read for all" on the output file...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron tab commands

Hello: If I want to run a crontab every hour between 9 am to 9pm, will this work 00 09-19 * * * /.../.../../program.sh If the above does not work, what should it be ?? Thanks, ST2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab problem

I have a script that is being called from cron job . This script further call 3 scripts which runs in the background . main script ( called from cron ) { script1 & script2 & script3 & } How to know when the main script is over ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul123_libra
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab help need

need help to write crontab my crontabe file every minute to rsh and check that it is running or not i want to change it on every 1o minute please help me example of my crontab #check if system is running * * * * * rsh metal3 /users/test/run.server i want to check that every 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Cron tab

I have a script for pinging the switches and giving me the report:- #!/usr/local/bin/perl #!/bin/ksh #!/usr/bin #etc `source /export/home/chinnigd/.profile`; @names = `cat switches|cut -f1 -d' '`; @ip = `cat switches|cut -f2 -d' '`; $num = @names; $re ="Empty"; $i = 0; $flag = 0; while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
3 Replies

5. Solaris

cron tab setting

hi guys , i need some help i want to set cron job for every sunday , of each month so any body plz help or this proble :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab help

Hi All I have a requirement to schedule my script through cron tab. I have 2 scripts to schedule. Case1:My script should run every day in the server.It should be triggered in every 2 mins interval.i.e suppose i implemented the script now my script should run every 2 mins.How can i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Tab entries

Hi All, I am required to make a crontab entry, I have the below requirement: 1. It should execute at 06:15 12:00 and 18:30 2. It should execute every day of the month for all the 30 days I am going to add the below entry in the crontab file. 15,0,30 6,12,18 * * 0-6 cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab query

Hi In my Unix server more than 500 cron jobs are scheduled daily and weekly basics. Now,I would like to know only list of JOBs,which are running only on 14th of every month? How can i find only which are all jobs will be scheduled only on 14th. Please tell me the script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab

Hi, We have a couple of jobs are scheduled in CRONTAB. Now. I want generate a report for each job how many times ran successful and failed in a 1 month of time period. is there any way to find in CRONTAB. Please advise on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab Setup in Ubuntu

Hi, I need to install the crontab utility in Ubuntu. Can any one one tell me what exactly is the steps to do it? Thanks in Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)