Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to create folder as a user Post 302503139 by Manjunath K V on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 06:14:31 PM
Old 03-09-2011
Its Oracle Solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

2. AIX

User unable to create a file over 2 GB's in size

Hello, this is my first post. I have a user who cannot create a file over 2 GB's in size eventhough the FS is large file enabled and I added a special stanza in /etc/security/limits to allow an unlimited file size for this particular user (user1 - see below). ibm:/home/root (4062)#cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create user with access only to one folder through ftp?

Hi all, Can someone help me with creating user with special privilegies? I need to create user who will have access ONLY to one folder (like /etc/log/) through ftp (read only access) and which will not have any other ways to log in like telnet, ssh etc.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to create user in linux

Hi $ uname -a Linux xyz 2.6.18-128.0.0.0.2.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 05:17:33 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am unable to add a new user getting following # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

6. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a folder under different user directory

Hello All, I have to write a shell script and use it in informatica. The script has to perform below actions: The script gets executed from edw user. Through the script, a DT folder has to be created under edw_sca user. Is this scenario possible through a SHELL script or not. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to create a ftp user only

Hi all I am facing difficulties when using the useraddcommand. when running useradd -u 60006 -g 100 -d /opt/xxx/yyy/z -m -s /bin/false ftpuser It does create the user, but with a wrong home directory. It creates its home directory at /home/ftpuser Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to create new user without lower character

Hi friends, I want to create new user BG0001 in SunOS and getting below errorbash-3.2# useradd -d /home/BG0001 -m -s /bin/sh BG0001 UX: useradd: BG0001 name should have at least one lower case character. bash-3.2# bash-3.2# OS version is as belowbash-3.2# cat /etc/release ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepkmehra
7 Replies
gnomevfs-mkdir(1)						   User Commands						 gnomevfs-mkdir(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-mkdir - make a new directory at a VFS location SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-mkdir URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-mkdir makes a new directory at a URI location that supports the creation of new directories. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the location of the new directory in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Making a New Directory in the Home Directory example% gnomevfs-mkdir file:///home/user/newdir ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-mkdir Executable to make a new directory at a VFS location ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-mkdir(1)