Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache - redirecting authenticated users to other sites Post 302503005 by Corona688 on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 12:20:39 PM
Old 03-09-2011
define "correctly authenticated". What are you doing?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Some Sites Recommended by Our Users

Our users often recommend useful sites in response to a question. But the recommendations seem to get lost among our threads only to get re-recommended later. I will try to collect these here. I won't duplicate sites mentioned in Unix Tutorials/Programming Tutorials/Shell Scripting Tutorials,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting a url on apache conf file

i need help on redirecting apache conf file i want redirect everything to www.example.com/home example if i type a url www.example.com/home/text1 i need that redirected to www.example.com/home (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting Users to New Server

I am new to shell scripting. I urgently need a script on a backup server that will ping the main server to check if the server is up. If the main server is down- the script should transfer the IP of the main server to the backup server. Once the main server is up again the backup server will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanmiogun
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache users from MySQL database

Hi team, How can I implement a users in MySQL database for Apache users, assuming that I'm using RHEL6. That is to say, how can I design this database and how let's Apache server know those user in this database. Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve the username which got authenticated by the apache

I have an apache 2.2 setup with LDAP auth enabled. The html form in the front end takes some values and processes them using perl script in the background. Is there a way I can get the username which is submitting the values in that perl script. I am planning to track who is doing what(with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

8. Web Development

CentOS 7 redirecting me to old disabled dev site when removed from sites-enabled

I am having problems accessing a new site I am trying to setup on my CentOS 7 VM. I have added a vhosts file for it, but when I access easydev.com in the browser it continues to redirect me to the old (now disabled) dev site of crmpicco.dev. Is there something wrong with my config? # apachectl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Need help on Apache configuration for redirecting URLS

I am extremely new to Apache httpd configuration. Can you please help here below is my requirement. If the URL match existing resource - return resource. If the URL doesn't match existing resource it should return index.html from the app root directory. Apps root directories are: 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
0 Replies
PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)						 Linux-PAM Manual					       PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)

NAME
pam_authenticate - account authentication SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_authenticate(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_authenticate function is used to authenticate the user. The user is required to provide an authentication token depending upon the authentication service, usually this is a password, but could also be a finger print. The PAM service module may request that the user enter their username vio the the conversation mechanism (see pam_start(3) and pam_conv(3)). The name of the authenticated user will be present in the PAM item PAM_USER. This item may be recovered with a call to pam_get_item(3). The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The flags argument is the binary or of zero or more of the following values: PAM_SILENT Do not emit any messages. PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK The PAM module service should return PAM_AUTH_ERR if the user does not have a registered authentication token. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT The application should exit immediately after calling pam_end(3) first. PAM_AUTH_ERR The user was not authenticated. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT For some reason the application does not have sufficient credentials to authenticate the user. PAM_AUTHINFO_UNVAIL The modules were not able to access the authentication information. This might be due to a network or hardware failure etc. PAM_MAXTRIES One or more of the authentication modules has reached its limit of tries authenticating the user. Do not try again. PAM_SUCCESS The user was successfully authenticated. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User unknown to authentication service. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_setcred(3), pam_chauthtok(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)