Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bad interpreter when running script Post 302502965 by pludi on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 10:36:27 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Can you please post the complete script, including the very first line, which should look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

The comparison fails for a very simple reason: the brackets you're using (>>) are used for redirection, not comparison. The proper comparison would look like this:
Code:
if [ $t -gt 86400 ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

today i started the LFS book (version 4.0). Basically i am using slackware 9.0 to try and install a new linux completely from source on another partition. Now i took the book's recommendations and created a user called lfs so i wouldn't have to do the stuff as root, and i have got the new LFS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calum
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad interpreter: Permission denied

I am writing an expect script but am getting a bad interpreter: permission denied error. I don't think the error has anything to do with expect itself, I think I am missing something in how I start the file. For instance, when I run the file under the expect directory it works: cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
7 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How to resolve bad interpreter error

Hi, Iam trying to run a gmake command and have the latest version of Gnu in my redhat linux system. I need to execute the following steps; ---> chmod +x utils/* ---> ./utils/AllCodeManagerFix ---> gmake LINUX Iam able to do the chmod command but when I run the second command I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Here is a puzzler. To start, let me say that I've done a search on this issue and it is definitely not related to line endings being encoded in windows returns. I get this error when I run SOME perl scripts. I have a script called hello_world.pl. I do $cp hello_world.pl new_hello_world.pl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing expect script giving message as bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi Gurus, I am new to scripting and needs your help in expect script used for telnet. I wrote a simple script as #!/usr/bin/expect-5.43 -f spawn telnet localhost 2233 expect "password:" send "secret\r" send "i data.cnbc.com\r" send "exit\r" expect eof When I am trying to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks_yv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi I am running a script: #!bin/bash set -x echo"select * from celldatamap;" || sqlcsv -v -h -s ',' -d MTNSA11G -u datasafe -p datasafe > andrea.csv When I run my script ./tablescript.sh I get the following error: $ ./tablescript.sh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sqlite3: /lib/ld-Linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter:

Hi all I'm hoping this is just me being a muppet, has anyone come across this problem before? I am writing an application that uses sqlite3 and I have created a database using it - sqlite3 muse.db SQLite version 3.6.20 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I keep getting this error and I am not sure why. -bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory First I run my makefile and this works fine: goodmain: main.o gcc -o goodmain main.o main.o: main.c gcc -c main.c Then I want to limit my output so I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies
GLALPHAFUNC(3G) 														   GLALPHAFUNC(3G)

NAME
glAlphaFunc - specify the alpha test function C SPECIFICATION
void glAlphaFunc( GLenum func, GLclampf ref ) PARAMETERS
func Specifies the alpha comparison function. Symbolic constants GL_NEVER, GL_LESS, GL_EQUAL, GL_LEQUAL, GL_GREATER, GL_NOTEQUAL, GL_GEQUAL, and GL_ALWAYS are accepted. The initial value is GL_ALWAYS. ref Specifies the reference value that incoming alpha values are compared to. This value is clamped to the range [0, 1], where 0 repre- sents the lowest possible alpha value and 1 the highest possible value. The initial reference value is 0. DESCRIPTION
The alpha test discards fragments depending on the outcome of a comparison between an incoming fragment's alpha value and a constant refer- ence value. glAlphaFunc specifies the reference value and the comparison function. The comparison is performed only if alpha testing is enabled. By default, it is not enabled. (See glEnable and glDisable of GL_ALPHA_TEST.) func and ref specify the conditions under which the pixel is drawn. The incoming alpha value is compared to ref using the function speci- fied by func. If the value passes the comparison, the incoming fragment is drawn if it also passes subsequent stencil and depth buffer tests. If the value fails the comparison, no change is made to the frame buffer at that pixel location. The comparison functions are as follows: GL_NEVER Never passes. GL_LESS Passes if the incoming alpha value is less than the reference value. GL_EQUAL Passes if the incoming alpha value is equal to the reference value. GL_LEQUAL Passes if the incoming alpha value is less than or equal to the reference value. GL_GREATER Passes if the incoming alpha value is greater than the reference value. GL_NOTEQUAL Passes if the incoming alpha value is not equal to the reference value. GL_GEQUAL Passes if the incoming alpha value is greater than or equal to the reference value. GL_ALWAYS Always passes (initial value). glAlphaFunc operates on all pixel write operations, including those resulting from the scan conversion of points, lines, polygons, and bit- maps, and from pixel draw and copy operations. glAlphaFunc does not affect screen clear operations. NOTES
Alpha testing is performed only in RGBA mode. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if func is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glAlphaFunc is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_ALPHA_TEST_FUNC glGet with argument GL_ALPHA_TEST_REF glIsEnabled with argument GL_ALPHA_TEST SEE ALSO
glBlendFunc, glClear, glDepthFunc, glEnable, glStencilFunc GLALPHAFUNC(3G)