Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: checking multi lines with if
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers checking multi lines with if Post 302502956 by quirkasaurus on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 10:11:23 AM
Old 03-09-2011
why not just take 2 passes:

grep ONE-STRING file_nm > this_file
grep OTHER-STRING file_nm > this_other_file

Or, to separate all unique TU's to their own files:

Code:
grep TU= file_name |
sed -e 's/^TU=//' -e 's/T.*$//' |
while read uniq_date ; do

grep TU=${uniq_date}T file_name > new_file.$uniq_date

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge multi-lines into one line

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line logs( the black lines) which beginning with time: into one line. For the line with "-", it needs to be deleted. Please see the red color line. ######################################### time: 20080817073334 dn: uid=ok,ou=nbt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: missyou
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print a multi-lines variable?

hi im trying a make simple html page with the content of some files i have: title=`cat "file1"` heading=`cat "file2"` para=`cat "file3"` block=`cat "/file4"` cat > ./page.html <<-EOF <html> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockbike
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a number and time: into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. *****Original Log*****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hello, Can anyone let me know how to use Perl script to Merge following multi-lines into one single line... ***** Multi-line***** FILE_Write root OK Tue Jul 01 00:00:00 2008 cl_get_path file descriptor = 1 FILE_Write root OK ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi lines to single line

HI, My input file contains the data as like below: A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl the output i require is : A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl Please help me in this. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing multi lines with 1 line

I have an xml file that is stripped down to output that looks bacically like; <!-- TABLEA header --> <tablea> some fields </tablea> <!-- TABLEB header --> <!-- TABLEC header --> <tablec> some fields </tablec> I want to remove the header... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Griffs_Revenge
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

joining multi-line file into single lines

Hi, I have a file like mentioned below..For each specific id starting with > I want to join the sequence in multiple lines to a single line..Is there a simple way in awk or sed to do this >ENST00000558922 cdna:KNOWN TCCAGGATCCAGCCTCCCGATCACCGCGCTAGTCCTCGCCCTGCCTGGGCTTCCCCAGAG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with multi lines from a var

I am trying to find a line in a file ("Replace_Flag") and replace it with a variable which hold a multi lined file. myVar=`cat myfile` sed -e 's/Replace_Flag/'$myVar'/' /pathto/test.file myfile: cat dog boy girl mouse house test.file: football hockey Replace_Flag baseball ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bblondin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output in columns by appending multi lines one by one?

Hi, I need to display output in below format Customer : Apr 24 16:31 Customer_Name_111121.txt |---Space---|Apr 24 16:32 Customer_Name _111121. txt |---Space---|Apr 24 16:34 Customer_Name_111112. txt |---Space---|Apr 24 16:35 Customer_Name _222223. txt |---Space---|Apr 24 16:37... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multi lines in to multiple files

how to find multiple lines in to multiple files if matched lines then do f1 f2 f3 are files ,lines contain matched lines f1 asdasdasdasd asdasdasdasd abc def Business date cannot be as of date ghi sdasdasdasda asdasdasdada f2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kalia
1 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)