Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to take one part from a string Post 302502926 by Klashxx on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 09:06:24 AM
Old 03-09-2011
As said:
Code:
# basename /opt/src/deafult.cfg
deafult.cfg
# basename  /opt/src/esr/common/test1
test1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the last part of a string followed by a pattern

assuming "cat" is the pattern, string (regardless length) asdadfcat4 I need to get 4 for eirtrjkkkcat678- I'd get 678 (in b-shell) Thanks in advance!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help regarding replacing a part of string

Hi all suppose i have a string "abacus sabre", i need to replace occurences 'ab' with 'cd' and i need to store this result into same string and i need to return this result from script to the calling function, where as the string is passed from calling function. i tried like this ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerapureddy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing a part of a string

hi I have the input as follows ABC =893 JKL = "jee" alias PQR = 9833 alias STUVE = "kuiue" I should be able to print as follows ABC JKL alias PQR alias STUVE Thanks Suresh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a string

Hi, I have a string assinged to a varaible as below. FILE=/var/adm/message If $FILE is the value where it stores the path of message file. I would like to extract the location of the file message as below LOCATION=/var/adm FILE may have value like /var/adm/xxxx/message ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excise a part of string

Dear all, will appreciate your help with this (supposedly simple) thing. How to use sed to replace a part of string like this: (TAGthenwhatever: into (TAG: meaning that '(TAG' (known, can be specified to sed and is marked with the '(' at the beginning) will stay and the 'thenwhatever'... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete part of string

This command: du -s /Applications/TextMate.app Returns an output like this: 65792 /Applications/TextMate.app I need to delete the space and the file path in the output leaving just the number. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of a string

Hi mates, I am doing a script in ksh. I have the following string: /opt/one/two/four/five/myFile.txt And I have a variable: echo "${variable}" -> /opt/one/two/ I would like to have just the string: four/five/myFile.txt What is the better way to do that? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzaloron
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of a string

Hi, I needed to extract some specific characters from a string based on user input. For example: After the script executes the user enters the following details: Please enter the string: This is a shell script Please enter the starting position: 11 Please enter the number of characters to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandanN
4 Replies
CGEXEC(1)							 libcgroup Manual							 CGEXEC(1)

NAME
cgexec - run the task in given control groups SYNOPSIS
cgexec [-h] [-g <controllers>:<path>] [--sticky] command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The cgexec program executes the task command with arguments arguments in the given control groups. -g <controllers>:<path> defines the control groups in which the task will be run. controllers is a list of controllers and path is the relative path to control groups in the given controllers list. This flag can be used multiple times to define multiple pairs of lists of controllers and relative paths. Instead of the list of all mounted controllers, the wildcard b"*b" can be used. If this option is not used, cgexec will automatically place the task in the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf. -h, --help Display this help and exit. --sticky If running the task command with this option, the daemon of service cgred (cgrulesengd process) does not change both the task of the command and the child tasks. Without this option, the daemon does not change the task of the command but it changes the child tasks to the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf automatically. EXAMPLES
cgexec -g *:test1 ls runs command ls in control group test1 in all mounted controllers. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 -g swap:test2 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory and control group test2 in controller swap. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (5) Linux 2009-03-15 CGEXEC(1)