Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS Issues
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS Issues Post 302502909 by manni2 on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 08:24:50 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
No, you cannot remove a non redundant data disk from a pool.

What is the different to add the disk or the *s2 ?

So my tought about zfs remove disk*s2 and thena zfs add disk (without s2) would not work ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Help!!! Can I fix this??

Well I got ZFS going almost in version one and didn't have the money to raid it or mirror it. I run off of 7 - 750GB-1TB USB drives and it's run great for over a year. Recently I needed to power off and move some stuff around and when I powered it back on I got this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with beginner issues setting up ZFS??

Hi, I'm new to Solaris 11. The goal is to set up a ZFS raid-Z2 NAS. These are the instructions I've been trying to follow, with no luck: "Setting Up an OpenSolaris NAS Box: Father-Son Bonding" (not allowed to post URL) Issues: 1) Root access is evidently required but I don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakedude
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Are you using ZFS ?

With Solaris 11 coming out with a requirement of ZFS on the root disk, I was curious to know who is using the Zeta File System now? I have been using ZFS for the past year and don't plan to go back to UFS since ZFS is much more reliable and easier to maintain. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
13 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS

what are all the advantages of ZFS comparing to UFS SVM what is the use of creating file system in a file system in ZFS (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
15 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS

Hi, I need some advice please. I have this server with a couple of zpools, lets call them pay_serv ukb_pool There are two zones attached to these pools. When I do a zfs list I see this pay_serv 8.41G 265G 8.41G /pay_serv ukb_pool 79.8G 194G 23K /ukb_pool ukb_pool/temp_ps 9.11G... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
4 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS CRYPT

Hi! I'm a new user... I'm looking for some informations about the ZDF file sytem... In my ubuntu box i have installed cryptkeeper, and i want to know if in Solaris 11 Express can find something similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarisutente
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs send receive performance issues

I 'm trying to clone a zfs file system pool/u01 to a new file system called newpool/u01 using following commands zfs list zfs snapshot pool/u01@new zfs send pool/u01@new | zfs -F receive newpool/u01 Its a 100G file system snapshot and copied to same server on different pool and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris11: Permission issues with auto-scrub ZFS pool

Short version: pfexec zpool scrub rpool fails saying I do not have permission to perform that action. Apparently scrub is not one of the pfexec allowed actions. Any idea on how to get around it? Long version: I got tired of manually running scrubs and am trying to set it to happen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS send issues

I have two servers, we'll call them sv1 and sv2. both are Solaris 11.1 LDOMS running on a T4-4 with RBAC enabled. my user has zfs allow send, receive on both servers and has ssh keys shared. on sv2 (the destination) I have a zpool called zones that has no zfs fs built on sv1 (the source) I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Several questions about ZFS

Hi guys! I am student from poland and I am preparing my assignment about Solaris 11 cloud computing capabilities. :p I am writing about ZFS now, and as I am quite new to this stuff I have several question (I prefere to have deep understanding of what I am doing, instead of just rewriting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlody94
1 Replies
DPM_ADDFS(3)						       DPM Library Functions						      DPM_ADDFS(3)

NAME
dpm_addfs - add a filesystem to a disk pool SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpm_api.h" int dpm_addfs (char *poolname, char *server, char *fs, int status, int weight) DESCRIPTION
dpm_addfs adds a filesystem to a disk pool. poolname specifies the disk pool name previously defined using dpm_addpool. server specifies the host name of the disk server where this filesystem is mounted. fs specifies the mount point of the dedicated filesystem. status Initial status of this filesystem. It can be set to 0 or FS_DISABLED or FS_RDONLY. weight specifies the weight of the filesystem. This is used during the filesystem selection. The value must be positive. A negative value will tell the server to allocate the default weight value (1). It is recommended to use a value lower than 10. This function requires ADMIN privilege. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT Filesystem does not exist. EACCES The caller does not have ADMIN privilege. EFAULT poolname, server or fs is a NULL pointer. EEXIST this filesystem is already part of a pool. ENOMEM Memory could not be allocated for storing the filesystem definition. EINVAL The pool is unknown or the length of poolname exceeds CA_MAXPOOLNAMELEN or the length of server exceeds CA_MAXHOSTNAMELEN or the length of fs exceeds 79. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SEINTERNAL Database error. SECOMERR Communication error. LCG
$Date$ DPM_ADDFS(3)