Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to stop Sqlplus command from printing db connection details Post 302502897 by funonnet on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 07:29:26 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Thanks a lot anchal... worked out fine...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop Printing Please

what is the fastest approach to kill a print job ? if the lpstat command does not show the print job id .... aix (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command details

Hi I m new to unix can any one tell me details of 'awk','sed' commands Plz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin03051985
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to stop other processes and kernel from printing output on current virtual term

Hello All, Background ======== I am creating a virtual appliance console for a software stack on VMware ESXi. I am using Centos 5.x as the Linux distro (Guest OS). I have created a ncurses based application that does the user authentication and present him with some basic controls to do basic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
2 Replies

4. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Oracle connection details from a configuration file

Hi, Is it possible to pass oracle connection information from a configuration file and use that to connect to oracle database in my unix shell scripts. Following is the scenario: (1) I would like to save oracle connection string details in a configuration file (ex., dbconfig.txt) (2) from my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaratp
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use for loop to execute multiple .sql files while using SQLPLUS for db connection.?

Hello , Im calling every single file inside my script like 1.sql,2.sql so on it looks so tedious. I want to replace with for loop where every file gets executed. When i use for loop im getting errorUnexpected EOF] , can anyone please help me out in this.. How i can use for loop to invoke my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing network details

Hi ALL, I am trying to collect and print all the network interface details in linux shell script. operating system : centos 7 Below is my shell script : #!/usr/bin/env bash for i in $(ip link show | awk -F: '$1>0 {print $2}') do if ; then echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies