Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile) Post 302502843 by Neo on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 03:48:03 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Thread Closed by Request of OP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile help

i'd like to execute a particular command if i'm running gcc version 3.2 for instance. my approach is as follows: GCC_VERSION := `gcc --version | head -1` suppose the result of `gcc --version | head -1` was gcc 3.2 then i'd like to perform the following: ifeq ($(GCC_VERSION), "gcc 3.2")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pieter023
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to set env variable in top level Makefile and unset when done

Hello I have compilation directory structure the top level Makefile is the one that contains all the sub directories I want to set in this Makefile env variable say : setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL "1" and when all the sub directories done compiling it will set this variable to different lavel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Programming

Makefile very simple question.

Hi I tried many times and I dont know what the he... is going on. Problem: I hava in /home/marcin/c1_menu/ this file: menu_item_data.c I want to compile this file. so I tried something like this CC=gcc LIBS=-lmenu -lncurses RM=rm BINS=menu_item_data %: %.o ${CC} -o $@... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcintom
1 Replies

4. Programming

Simple Makefile Problem (with a dependency)

Hi all, I have 4 '.cpp' files and 1 header files: Tools.cpp Code1.cpp Code2.cpp Code3.cpp and Tools.hh Now all Code1.cpp, Code2.cpp, Code3.cpp use functions stored in Tools.cpp. Currently, what I do to compile all of them is using this simple shell script: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

6. Programming

makefile help

Hi all, I'm new to make files . I'm writing a make file to compile and create .so files. i've 20 .cpp files. I want to compile one file at a time and then i've to create 1 .so for each file that i compiled. for eg: list.mk is having all the 20 .spp files. name = a.cpp name =+... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
2 Replies

7. Programming

[Makefile] nothing to be done for 'all'

hello, I have a firts makefile who call others makefile. for this i use: $ make -f linux.mak and output his: $ make -f linux.mak all make -C DerelictAL all PLATFORM=linux make: Entering directory `/home/builder/rpmbuild/SOURCES/derelict2-20100407/DerelictAL' make: Nothing to be done for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfornatics
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Makefile for LaTeX

I create figures using Gnuplot, but I use terminal epslatex, which produces a .tex file as output. I then latex this .tex file which creates are .dvi file, which I then convert to .ps and finally to an .eps file. Anyway here's what I'm doing in steps gnuplot plot.gplt (this writes out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile help

I am creating a make file, but i keep getting an error when i try to run it with the following code: make foo . make $(EXE) i get EXE: command not found make: `foo' is up to date. make: Nothing to be done for `.'. make: *** No rule to make target `make'. Stop. Here is my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: football12345
6 Replies
bsetroot(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bsetroot(1)

NAME
bsetroot - blackbox utility to change root window appearance SYNOPSIS
bsetroot -help bsetroot [ -display display ] -solid color bsetroot [ -display display ] -mod x y -fg color -bg color bsetroot [ -display display ] -gradient texture -from color -to color DESCRIPTION
Bsetroot is a utility that can control the appearance of the root window in three ways: Either give it a solid color, or write a two color modula pattern to it, or render a gradient texture, based on two different colors. Bsetroot resembles xsetroot(1) in this functionality but it supports multiple screen displays, and gradient textures the same way as Black- box does. It doesn't handle cursors etc. Bsetroot is part of the Blackbox package. OPTIONS
Bsetroot operates in three ways, you must choose one of the first 3 options: -solid color Sets the root window to specified color. -mod x y Creates a modula pattern. You must specify -bg and -fg colors. -gradient texturestring Renders the specified texture string to the root window. For possible texture strings, please refer to blackbox(1). You must also specify both a -from and a -to color. -display display Tells Bsetroot to connect to the specified display. -bg, -background color Background color. Needed for -mod patterns. -fg, -foreground color Foreground color. Needed for -mod patterns. -from color Start color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -to color Ending color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -help Prints version info and short help text. AUTHOR
Bsetroot was written and maintained by Brad Hughes (blackbox@alug.org) and Jeff Raven (jraven@psu.edu). SEE ALSO
blackbox(1) 0.60.3 June 16th, 2000 bsetroot(1)