Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A typical array script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A typical array script Post 302502830 by clx on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 03:07:44 AM
Old 03-09-2011
what shell you are using?

the above should work for bash.
for ksh, try

Code:
set -A arr $(find . ! -name "." | tr '\n' ' ')

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Typical way to disable a dameon

I want to disable some services starting automatically while system booting, for instance if i want to disable vold what i have to do ? i think some services related to a script init level shell directory,and i think as well that since solaris 10 they added a command to enable and disable services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typical mail script

hi i have a requirement to write a mail script which needs to be automated.There are 7 CSV files generated for 7 clients in a single day.Each file will contain one header and the name of the file follows a nomenclature like ABC_20080402_ClientID.csv.ClientID is lets say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning and typical use of -3 signal in kill

Hi, What is the use of the signal -3 in kill command in unix? I read the meaning and typical use of this signal in one of the Oreilly books as below. Quit -- stop running (and dump core). Sent when you type CTRL-\. what does the CTRL-\ command do? Is it the combination of CTRL and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Guidance needed for a typical shell script with sql query

Hi , I have a txt file with contents like: 1234 2345 3456 7891 I need to write a script which takes input file as txt file..run a sql query for that number and place the output of query in another file.. select * from bus_event where acct_nbr='1234'( from input txt file) the query... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
20 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Calculating total space in GB for all files with typical pattern

Hi Experts, In a particular dir, I have many files *AJAY*. How can I get total size of all such files. I tried du -hs *AJAY* but it gave me individual size of all files. All I require is summation of all. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typical steps to be followed while applying an application patch upgrade on linux

what are the typical steps used by system adminstrators while applying an application patch upgrade (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typical problem in UNIX

Input file I have a file with four fields. f1,f2,f3,f4 A,1,10,00,S B,2,20,00,00,D C,3,100,00,00,G I want Output like f1|f2|f3|f4 A|1|10,00|S B|2|20,00,00|D C|3|100,00,00|G please help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat1211
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile a software for a non-typical platform?

I am quite new to compiling source codes in linux and have been running into a lot of problems in trying to do so since the platform configuration is different from most. For starters, I know that you need to enter the following commands in order to install any software manually in linux:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ice_Drake1
2 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)