Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search String in File List
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search String in File List Post 302502609 by glev2005 on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 12:26:28 PM
Old 03-08-2011
Code:
 grep "<ns1:TotalRecordCount>0</ns1:TotalRecordCount>" /dir/abcd*.xml
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
myvar=StringWasFound
else
myvar=StringWasNotFound
fi
echo" the status of the search is: $myvar"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a string from list of input files

Hello, I am trying to match a string between line one and line two with in the file. But I dont want to search based on the given filename. Instead I want to search for all available files in the specific directory. Please help me on the above. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarvenkat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file's name and search string's Line

Hi all, My need is: To list out all the java / jsp files having System.out.println in my project. I need the output as: /home/me/project/file1.java somejavacode somejavacode System.out.println("something"); somejavacode somejavacode somejavacode /home/me/project/file2.java... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
XSLT_PROCESS(3) 							 1							   XSLT_PROCESS(3)

xslt_process - Perform anXSLTtransformation

SYNOPSIS
mixed xslt_process (resource $xh, string $xmlcontainer, string $xslcontainer, [string $resultcontainer], [array $arguments], [array $parameters]) DESCRIPTION
The xslt_process(3) function is the crux of the XSLT extension. It allows you to perform an XSLT transformation using almost any type of input source - the containers. This is accomplished through the use of argument buffers -- a concept taken from the SablotronXSLT processor (currently the only XSLT processor this extension supports). The input containers default to a filename 'containing' the document to be processed. PARAMETERS
o $ xh -The XSLT processor link identifier, created with xslt_create(3). o $xmlcontainer - Path to XML file or placeholder for the XML argument. o $xslcontainer - Path to XSL file or placeholder for the XML argument. o $resultcontainer - The result container defaults to a filename for the transformed document. If the result container is not specified - i.e. NULL - than the result is returned. o $arguments - Instead of files as the XML and XSLT arguments to the xslt_process(3) function, you can specify "argument place holders" which are then substituted by values given in the $arguments array. o $parameters - An array for any top-level parameters that will be passed to the XSLT document. These parameters can then be accessed within your XSL files using the <xsl:param name="parameter_name"> instruction. The parameters must be UTF-8 encoded and their values will be interpreted as strings by the Sablotron processor. In other words - you cannot pass node-sets as parameters to the XSLT docu- ment. Containers can also be set via the $arguments array (see below). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. If the result container is not specified - i.e. NULL - than the result is returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 4.0.6 | | | | | | | This function no longer takes XML strings in | | | $xmlcontainer or $xslcontainer. Passing a string | | | containing XML to either of these parameters will | | | result in a segmentation fault in Sablotron ver- | | | sions up to and including version 0.95. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
The simplest type of transformation with the xslt_process(3) function is the transformation of an XML file with an XSLT file, placing the result in a third file containing the new XML (or HTML) document. Doing this with Sablotron is really quite easy... Example #1 Using the xslt_process(3) to transform an XML file and a XSL file to a new XML file <?php // Allocate a new XSLT processor $xh = xslt_create(); // Process the document if (xslt_process($xh, 'sample.xml', 'sample.xsl', 'result.xml')) { echo "SUCCESS, sample.xml was transformed by sample.xsl into result.xml"; echo ", result.xml has the following contents <br /> "; echo "<pre> "; readfile('result.xml'); echo "</pre> "; } else { echo "Sorry, sample.xml could not be transformed by sample.xsl into"; echo " result.xml the reason is that " . xslt_error($xh) . " and the "; echo "error code is " . xslt_errno($xh); } xslt_free($xh); ?> While this functionality is great, many times, especially in a web environment, you want to be able to print out your results directly. Therefore, if you omit the third argument to the xslt_process(3) function (or provide a NULL value for the argument), it will automatically return the value of the XSLT transformation, instead of writing it to a file... Example #2 Using the xslt_process(3) to transform an XML file and a XSL file to a variable containing the resulting XML data <?php // Allocate a new XSLT processor $xh = xslt_create(); // Process the document, returning the result into the $result variable $result = xslt_process($xh, 'sample.xml', 'sample.xsl'); if ($result) { echo "SUCCESS, sample.xml was transformed by sample.xsl into the $result"; echo " variable, the $result variable has the following contents <br /> "; echo "<pre> "; echo $result; echo "</pre> "; } else { echo "Sorry, sample.xml could not be transformed by sample.xsl into"; echo " the $result variable the reason is that " . xslt_error($xh); echo " and the error code is " . xslt_errno($xh); } xslt_free($xh); ?> The above two cases are the two simplest cases there are when it comes to XSLT transformation and I'd dare say that they are the most com- mon cases, however, sometimes you get your XML and XSLT code from external sources, such as a database or a socket. In these cases you'll have the XML and/or XSLT data in a variable -- and in production applications the overhead of dumping these to file may be too much. This is where XSLT's "argument" syntax, comes to the rescue. Instead of files as the XML and XSLT arguments to the xslt_process(3) function, you can specify "argument place holders" which are then substituted by values given in the arguments array (5th parameter to the xslt_process(3) function). The following is an example of processing XML and XSLT into a result variable without the use of files at all. Example #3 Using the xslt_process(3) to transform a variable containing XML data and a variable containing XSL data into a variable containing the resulting XML data <?php // $xml and $xsl contain the XML and XSL data $arguments = array( '/_xml' => $xml, '/_xsl' => $xsl ); // Allocate a new XSLT processor $xh = xslt_create(); // Process the document $result = xslt_process($xh, 'arg:/_xml', 'arg:/_xsl', NULL, $arguments); if ($result) { echo "SUCCESS, sample.xml was transformed by sample.xsl into the $result"; echo " variable, the $result variable has the following contents <br /> "; echo "<pre> "; echo $result; echo "</pre> "; } else { echo "Sorry, sample.xml could not be transformed by sample.xsl into"; echo " the $result variable the reason is that " . xslt_error($xh); echo " and the error code is " . xslt_errno($xh); } xslt_free($xh); ?> Example #4 Passing PHP variables to XSL files <?php // XML string $xml = '<?xml version="1.0"?> <para> change me </para>'; // XSL string $xsl = ' <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes" media-type="text/html"/> <xsl:param name="myvar"/> <xsl:param name="mynode"/> <xsl:template match="/"> My PHP variable : <xsl:value-of select="$myvar"/><br /> My node set : <xsl:value-of select="$mynode"/> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet>'; $xh = xslt_create(); // the second parameter will be interpreted as a string $parameters = array ( 'myvar' => 'test', 'mynode' => '<foo>bar</foo>' ); $arguments = array ( '/_xml' => $xml, '/_xsl' => $xsl ); echo xslt_process($xh, 'arg:/_xml', 'arg:/_xsl', NULL, $arguments, $parameters); ?> The above example will output: My PHP variable : test<br> My node set : &lt;foo&gt;bar&lt;/foo&gt; NOTES
Note Please note that file:// is needed in front of the path when using Windows. PHP Documentation Group XSLT_PROCESS(3)