Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SCRIPT TO TRAP ILLEGAL COMBOS Post 302502580 by gimley on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 10:33:51 AM
Old 03-08-2011
Hi,
Many thanks for the answer. That would work if the number of NGrams were few. How do I load an NGram from a file.
Sorry for the hassle and many thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to use trap command in shell script

Right now I have implemented autossh between ServerA & ServerB which are sun solaris based. I have made this shell script. I am facing one problem which I am going to discuss now. The problem is when I sftp some files (suppose there is 10 files I have to transfer through sftp) from one server to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap key press in a script

How can I trap a character press in the shell script. For eg:- I have a script runinng a infinite loops , I will need to quit if q is pressed. I have seen the traping the signal , but they give option only for traping the defined interrupt signals. But those does not help me here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cntl+z Trap is not detecting ??? Help required to add a trap detection ???

Hi folks, I have tried to add some trap detection in the below script....this script is used to monitor database activities...in a rather awkward way :rolleyes:.... The idea behind adding trap is that....this script creates lots of temporary files in the running folder to store the count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trap ctrl c in shell script

how to trap the ctrl c in unix shell script my script is running in while loop it should not be terminate with ctrl c. if i press ctrl c while running script it shloud ignore the same. please healp.......... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How trap a signal in shell script?

Hi , i have a scenario where...i have to put a check where if script is executing more than 15mins i have to kill that script and n retry again 2nd time. i this case i can use background process to do it but i feel trap will be the efficent way to do so... but i dont know much about it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help Undefined /illegal variable using cat

Hello group, Still fairly new at the whole scripting thing so be gentle. I'm trying to write a simple script that archives my log files into a master log broken into weeks of the year. My script runs fine up till the "cat" lines which I get a undefined or illegal variable name error. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

VM trap may work differently than a pure install trap.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: That is the last reply I received from my instructor, and I'm looking for some alternatives. When using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser45
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap Oracle error in shell script

sqlplus -s usrname/password@dbSID <<-SQL >> logfile @create_table.sql commit; quit; SQL I am running this script to execute an sql file. I want to display the oracle error if anything found during execution of the sql file and exit from script. Please suggest How do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call two files and merge all entities to create all combos

Hello, I am preparing an expanded verb morphology of Indian languages for the Open Source Community and have developed two files. The first file called root contains the verbal roots and the second (called prefix) contains all the syntactic elements which can be appended to the root file. An... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trap the EXIT_CODE from a script

Hi All, I have a script which calls SQLPLUS and do some data cleanup. But sometimes the SQL hangs and the script keeps on running. In that case, we kill the script using "kill" command, but as soon as we kill the script it exists with a non zero exit code which makes the job fail( we have a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
7 Replies
UPSCLI_GET(3)							    NUT Manual							     UPSCLI_GET(3)

NAME
upscli_get - retrieve data from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_get(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_get() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the response will be split into separate components. A pointer to those components will be returned in answer. The number of usable answer components will be returned in numa. USES
This function implements the "GET" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o GET NUMLOGINS <ups> o GET UPSDESC <ups> o GET VAR <ups> <var> o GET TYPE <ups> <var> o GET DESC <ups> <var> o GET CMDDESC <ups> <cmd> QUERY FORMATTING
To generate a request for GET NUMLOGINS su700, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "NUMLOGINS"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces is handled for you inside this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The raw response from upsd to the above query would be NUMLOGINS su700 1. Since this is split up for you, the values work out like this: numa = 3; answer[0] = "NUMLOGINS" answer[1] = "su700" answer[2] = "1" Notice that the value which you seek typically starts at answer[numq]. ERROR CHECKING
This function will check your query against the response from upsd(8). For example, if you send "VAR" "su700" "ups.status", it will expect to see those at the beginning of the response. If the results from upsd do not pass this case-insensitive test against your request, this function will return an error. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. ANSWER ARRAY LIFETIME
The pointers contained within the answer array are only valid until the next call to a upsclient function which references them. If you need to use data from multiple calls, you must copy it somewhere else first. The answer array and its elements may change locations, so you must not rely on previous addresses. You must only use the addresses which were returned by the most recent call. You also must not attempt to use more than numa elements in answer. Such behavior is undefined, and may yield bogus data or a crash. The array will be deleted after calling upscli_disconnect(3). Any access after that point is also undefined. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_get() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_list_next(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_GET(3)