Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to remove all lines which exceeds a particular date & time Post 302502537 by panyam on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 08:40:58 AM
Old 03-08-2011
For your sample file, I got the output as below.

Code:

$ awk -F"[ :]" '$6~"03/08/11"&&$7>=6' sample_file
6 ixtarchive-b IXT Memphis_Prod_SQL_Diff Memphis-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/08/11 06:32:58
150 pbnaaedb004-b Scratch Airpark_Prod_SQL_Diff_1 Airpark-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/08/11 11:06:57

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script The script iam using for a single directory is : ls -l | grep awk '{print $8}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines, Sorted with Time based columns using AWK & SORT

Hi having a file as follows MediaErr.log 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:12:16 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:22:47 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 03:41:26 84 Server1 Policy1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: Remove blank lines

Hi gurus, I have this file with blank lines in it. How do i remove them in shell? I tried these commands but not working: sed '/^ *$/d' or sed '/^$/d' Anybody has a better idea pls? Also there are lines which starts with a single space, how do we remove the space in those lines?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script data & time validation

How to validate a date and optionly a time in shell scripting when i get the date and time as pararmeters that sent out with the call of the file? (in my case sh union.sh `first parameter ,second parameter...` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a file in shell script if its size exceeds limit?

How can i remove a file using shell script when its size exceeds 10MB. Given that file is located in different location to the shell script where it is running? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time comparison using shell script

Hi, I'm having two fields in the file F1|F2 20111220|102000 F1 ->YYYYMMDD F2 ->HHMMSS Now, I need to compare this with current date & time and need to return the difference value in hours. Already, I checked with datecalc from the forum. So, need hints from Shell Gurus. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

Request ID GMDCOMTM GMDRRSTIME GMDRESTIME <36812986> : : :I want to display the date -time difference in other fields. Above I have given for only 1 record. I want to calculate for all the records. (GMCOMTM - GMDRRSTM) ,(GMDRRSTM-GMDRESTM) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help, need to create script to remove lines by date in file

Please Help (novice to PERL and SHELL scripting)…. Need to create a script which removes all lines in $filename = "cycle_calendar_ftp_out" older than current date – a variable which will be a number of days passed to script. For Ex it will look at the end date which is the last field (4) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3pwr
2 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
iso8601 command [output modifier] DESCRIPTION
iso8601 - Display and parse ISO8601 dates and times OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Commands: -n, --now Display the current date/time -d, --date=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time. Eg. '2005-01-20 00:30:00 +01:00' or '2005-040' -p, --period=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time with interval/period (wth start time). Eg. '2005-040/2005-043' -D, --duration=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time with duration (wth start time). Eg. '2005-040/P1M' Output Modifiers: -L, --local Show result as a 'local' date/time -O, --ordinal Show result as an 'ordinal' date/time -W, --week Show result as an 'calendar week' date/time For more information on the ISO8601 standard, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)