Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: access to .beroot for users
Operating Systems HP-UX access to .beroot for users Post 302502533 by sctxms on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 08:26:32 AM
Old 03-08-2011
access to .beroot for users

Hp info
HP-UX tmelps04 B.11.31 U ia64
issue I created a user in his primary group is sysadmin. However when this user executes HPPI he gets shot down because he is not a super user. How do I grant the user permissions to access the beroot script?
Sorry, user xxxxxx is not allowed to execute '/usr/local/admin/bin/.beroot'

ls -ltr /usr/local/admin/bin/.beroot -rwxr-x--- 1 root sysadmin 85 Mar 9 2005 /usr/local/admin/bin/.beroot

What did I miss in the setup?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating USERs with restricted Access

Hi There, i need to creat USERS in UNIX with restricted access to different directories. for example user1 should have access to dir1 and dir2 user2 should have access to dir2 and dir3 Please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanan25
4 Replies

2. AIX

Find all users with shell access

Hi, how do I find all users currently setup with shell access. Thanks in advance. Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LionFeen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict access to specific users.

Hi All! I would like to know if there is any specific way by which I can restrict access to apecific users (ip addresses). OS : Red hat linux Thanks! nua7 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

4. AIX

cloning users access with different user name

Hi! this would be my first time to post here in this forums, hope you can help me with my queries. i would like to create a different user name but have the same access rights. Example: root > rootbaby. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HPL1706
5 Replies

5. Solaris

List users who have administrative access

Hi , Could you please give me the commands for the following. 1.list users who have direct access to solaris database at os-level 2.list users who have administrative access at os-level in solaris Please also let me know how to figure out these specific users i need from a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: James777
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access another users files

Hi, I want to access another users files and directories.Is there any command to do in unix ??.I think CHOWN would work.May i know the exact command for it. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: William1482
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access rights for users - list

Hi, I would like to retrieve a list of user ids on an AIX server along with the access rights that each id has? Can someone please help me on how this can be achieved? Gayathri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

9. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to check sudo access of other users?

Hi, I always use "sudo -U user -l" as root and it gives me list of sudo access, that person have. But on one Solaris server, I can't run it. recently only I installed latest patchset on this server. Not sure, if that changed something on this. However, sudo package is showing old one. # id -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
NEWGRP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 NEWGRP(1)

NAME
newgrp -- change to a new primary group SYNOPSIS
newgrp [-l] [group] DESCRIPTION
The newgrp command changes a user to a new primary group (real and effective group ID) by starting a new shell. The user remains logged in and the current directory and file creation mask remain unchanged. The user is always given a new shell even if the primary group change fails. The newgrp command accepts the following options: -l The environment is changed to what would be expected if the user actually logged in again. This simulates a full login. The group is a group name or non-negative numeric group ID from the group database. The real and effective group IDs are set to group or the group ID associated with the group name. If group is not specified, newgrp restores the user's real and effective group IDs to the user's primary group specified in the password database. The user's supplementary group IDs are restored to the set specified for the user in the group database. If the user is not a member of the specified group, and the group requires a password, the user will be prompted for the group password. FILES
/etc/group The group database /etc/master.passwd The user database /etc/passwd A Version 7 format password file EXIT STATUS
If a new shell is started the exit status is the exit status of the shell. Otherwise the exit status will be >0. SEE ALSO
csh(1), groups(1), login(1), sh(1), su(1), umask(2), group(5), passwd(5), environ(7) STANDARDS
The newgrp command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A newgrp command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. A newgrp command appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BUGS
There is no convenient way to enter a password into /etc/group. The use of group passwords is strongly discouraged since they are inherently insecure. It is not possible to stop users from obtaining the encrypted password from the group database. BSD
June 6, 2007 BSD