Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to zip file in AIX with password. Post 302502397 by multidev on Monday 7th of March 2011 09:59:03 PM
Old 03-07-2011
Thank you all. Now my requirement has been done already.
I've used zip 3.0 from
PHP Code:
http://www.info-zip.org/ 
and I can use zip with password protection as "zip -P password zipfile.zip filename.xxx"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntaxt to zip a file with password protection

Hi Experts, I am an SAP ABAP developer and compleatly stranger to unix and I need a help to extend a small peice of code. Our requirement is to zip a file with password protection in a specified directory. Following is the code I am using to zip a file ZZZZ.TXT. Here YYYY = is the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru4all
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip file with password protection

I am trying to zip a file with password protection. I have read all or atleast most of the threads on the website, but couldn't come up with a solution. I am running ZIP version 2.3 on HP-UX but I dont see the -P (password) option. I read somewhere that free versions of zip don't come with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protect a zip file

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 and i need to unzip a password protected zip, which i can do using zip -Ppassword filename however when i have done what i need to do with the file is to zip the file back up with a password. Zip on my system is version 2.3 and does not support this? How can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip with Password

Hi, In my shell script I am using the zip command to zip the log files. The zip file is password protected. But there is a dicey. I want the output as: 1) All files should be zipped including sub-directories' files 2) All files (individually) should be Password protected (may be common or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKR
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with password

Hi, newbie to Linux, is there another way to zip a file with a password other than using 'zip' command? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mined
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)