Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hard Drive Copy results in differences on boot Post 302502325 by Corona688 on Monday 7th of March 2011 04:12:41 PM
Old 03-07-2011
I can't tell from that description whether they are or not. Look up the models and their exact sector counts.

I do know that I've had troubles copying from "20 gig" drives to "20 gig" drives, the destination turned out to be minutely smaller.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do copy certain files and directories from one hard drive to another?

I have two drives (scsi) mounted on one server and I need to copy certain files and directories from one drive to the other. Any suggestions :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

wiping hard drive

I'm looking for a utility that will wipe data clean from a Solaris hard drive and make the data unreadable and unrecoverable. Any suggestions? Does SUN have something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Boot Solaris off of an old external hard drive

Hi Folks, First a little background, I am working on a ship that operates in the Indian Ocean and Persian/Arabian gulf area. We had a Sunblade 2000 that finally died. The Video board burned up and I guess damaged the mother board. So we ordered 2 rebuilt 2000s one as a spare. Due to mounting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean.kelly
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy everything from remote Linux to external hard drive in windows

Hi, I`m trying to copy an entire directory(with numerous files, folders and subfolders etc, a content size of 500gigs) from a linux machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to an external hard drive on my windows. I downloaded and installed psftp on my windows and I can login using psftp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to copy all files of a said type on my external hard drive

My code is this, what I'm trying to accomplish is to make a list of all pdf documents in my computer and then copy all of those documents to my external hard drive in a directory mkdir /Volumes/Hardrive-1/allpdf echo "File Locations" > /Volumes/Hardrive-1/allpdf/FileLocations.txt mdfind pdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darpness
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directories and copy differences (files) in a another directory

Hey im working on script that can compare 2 directory and check difference, then copy difference files in third diretory. here is the story: in folder one we have 12 subfolder and in each of them near 500 images hosted. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 in folder 2 we have same subfolder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
pxfw(8) 							     pxfw 0.5								   pxfw(8)

NAME
pxfw - Firmware flashing tool for Plextor CD/DVD devices SYNOPSIS
pxfw -l pxfw -d DEVICE [-if firmware.bin] [-u] [-f] [-v] pxfw -d DEVICE [-e] [-r] [-t] [-v] DESCRIPTION
pxfw is the linux firmware flasher for Plextor CD and DVD drives. Remove any disks before flashing. FEATURES
You can flash the firmware of these drives: Plextor Premium, Premium-2, PX-712, PX-716, PX-755 and PX-760. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -if select inputfile. Specify the firmware binary file, which should be written to DEVICE. -u proceed update. When the firmware checksum test has succeeded, write firmware to DEVICE. -f force flashing. Even if DEVICE is not recognized, or firmware. checksum has failed, firmware writing will be forced. Handle with care. -e read EEPROM from DEVICE. -r reboot the device. -t test which opcodes are supported by the device. -v debug. EXAMPLES
pxfw -d /dev/hdc -if 755_1.07.bin -u writes firmware file 755_1.07.bin into Master Drive on Secondary IDE-Port. pxfw -d /dev/sr3 -e -oe file.foo reades EEPROM from device /dev/sr3 and writes it to file.foo. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 02 April, 2009 pxfw(8)