Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? Post 302502313 by Shell_Life on Monday 7th of March 2011 03:32:12 PM
Old 03-07-2011
This code will give you the most recent file based on "mmddyyyy" in the file name:
Code:
sed 's/\(.*_\)\(..\)\(..\)\(....\).txt/\4\2\3 &/' input_file | sort -r | head -1 | sed 's/.* //'

input_file:
Code:
build2_runtime_03042010.txt
buifile_count_06072010.txt
build3_runtime_04052010.txt
build1_runtime_05072010.txt

Output:
Code:
buifile_count_06072010.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Shell_Life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server

I would like to know if there is a way to get the date and timestamp of the file that is being FTP from the remote server using shell script. Currently the get command from FTP will have current date and timestamp. Tried the earlier suggestion 'HardFeed' but still getting the current date and time... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ftp latest file

Hello All, Hope u r doing fine. I'm writing a shell script to ftp the latest file having pericular convention as 'ULTI_15072007043205.txt' on daily basis. Now the date & timing of the file geleration isnt constant, so the file name daily varies as per the date & timing of generation. Can anyone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep latest file based on date.

hi all, not sure if this has been posted b4 but i try to search but not valid. this is my question: when i do a ls -ltr there will be a list generated as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 923260 Jan 10 04:38 FilePolling.41025.083TL021.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1761337 Jan 10 04:40... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the latest file in the remote server's directory

Hi Expert Team, I performed the below piece of code to copy the latest file in the remote server's directory to the same server's other directory. But it is not working properly. How can i handle this? Can you please help me..? ssh ${REMOTE_USERID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} "cp -p `ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

FTP script to get latest file from server

Hello people, I have to download, with a scheduled script, the latest file from an FTP server. In the remote DIR, named .../TEKNONET/60468/, every night a CDR file like this gets uploaded into it: 000006046820151122N001.CDR, so my script will have to download every day the previous day... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)