Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tcl-argv with switch & while
Top Forums Programming tcl-argv with switch & while Post 302502241 by drl on Monday 7th of March 2011 10:32:31 AM
Old 03-07-2011
Hi.

This is probably a csh fragment. Here it is inserted into a csh script:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env tcsh

# @(#) s1	Demonstrate feature.

# Infrastructure details, environment, commands for forum posts. 
# Uncomment setenv command to run script as external user.
# setenv PATH "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
echo
setenv LC_ALL C ; setenv LANG C
echo "Environment: LC_ALL = $LC_ALL, LANG = $LANG"
echo "(Versions displayed with local utility version)"
sh -c "version >/dev/null 2>&1 && version '=o' tcsh"
echo

while ($#argv > 0)
    set arg=$argv[1]
    shift argv
    switch ($arg)
case "-cell":
            set cell=$argv[1]
            if ( !($cell == "bus" || $cell == "core")) then
                echo "\n******Valid cell names are core or bus******"
                goto help
            else 
                echo "cell = ${cell}"
            endif
            breaksw;
        case "-path_to_ezqb":
            set path_to_ezqb=$argv[1]
endsw
end

exit 0

producing:
Code:
% ./s1 -cell x

Environment: LC_ALL = C, LANG = C
(Versions displayed with local utility version)
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 2.6.26-2-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.7 (lenny) 
tcsh 6.14.00

******Valid cell names are core or bus******
help: label not found.

Good luck ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if #argv = (this OR that) then...

this is in one of my scripts... if ($#argv == 0) then echo 'blah bla' exit 0 endif I want it to be something like this... if ($#argv == 0 OR $argv >=3) echo 'blah bla' exit 0 endif so when the arguments are none, or greater than three I want this "if then" to take over. how? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl switch statement

I am just learning Tcl and there are few things about it that is perplexing me. I have a question about the switch statement. Why are these two switch statements giving me different results? $ cat test_switch.tcl #!/usr/bin/tcl set foo "abc" switch abc a - b {puts "No. 1"} $foo {puts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

4. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

5. Programming

C shell deciphers someones code & argv

I’m trying to work off of someone else code they gave me as an example but they are gone! I’m trying to pretty much write a wrapper of several different scripts. They use argv…I keep on thinking the next one should be argv ect. I’m not sure if maybe its different in PERL maybe if that’s true? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carbuncle11
5 Replies

6. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting for Router, Switch & FW deviation

Hi, I have written a script for finding deviation for router,switch &fw. It is working fine on linux server. But when I try on sunos 5.10 OS it showing "grep: illegal option -- A". I have used grep -C and grep -A. How it will work on sunos? Help me out please !! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: GautamSK
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ARGV how to use it?

So i am trying to read in file readFile <GivenFile> modFile looking for a regular file under the directories in the GivenFile and print them out is my over all goal. basically I am looking for anything that looks like a directory in the given file and printing it out. Since I am trying to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidGreen
2 Replies
PTS_SOURCE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     PTS_SOURCE(1)

NAME
pts_source - Read pts commands from a file SYNOPSIS
pts source [-file] <file name> [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts so [-f] <file name> [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts source runs commands from a file as if they were typed in pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts source command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
pts source takes the following options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command shows the output of each command in the file as if it were run normally. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of using pts source in a pts interactive session: % echo examine admin > /tmp/commands.txt % pts interactive pts> source /tmp/commands.txt Name: admin, id: 1, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous, membership: 2, flags: S----, group quota: 20. pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1), pts_quit(1), pts_sleep(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_SOURCE(1)