Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Find the patch that contained a particular file. Post 302502220 by petervg on Monday 7th of March 2011 09:02:53 AM
Old 03-07-2011
Find the patch that contained a particular file.

Hi All,

I have an AIX executable (/usr/bin/shell) in my system.

I want to know if this file was updated by any of the installed fixes/apars on my system.

What is the AIX way of finding this information?

Greetings,
Peter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read an Xml record contained in a file--urgent

Hi I have an xml file which has multiple xml records.. I don't know how to read those records and pipe them to another shell command the file is like <abc>z<def>y<ghi>x........</ghi></def></abc> (1st record) <jkl>z<mno>y<pqr>x........</pqr></mno></jkl> (2nd record) Each record end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string under a directory that is contained in another file

Hi I am loking for some help in writing a script that will take a number that is located in one file and search a folder structure for that string in any file under that directory. I can do this manually with : find /"directory" -type f -exec grep -l 'Number String' {} \; But now I will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMC
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a particulae data in a line contained in File

Hi, I have a file containing data: systemname/userid/password/comment systemname1/userid1/password1/comment1 systemname2/userid2/password2/comment2 I want to modify the "password" using script. Can anybody help me with this problem?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counts a number of unique word contained in the file and print them in alphabetical order

What should be the Shell script that counts a number of unique word contained in a file and print them in alphabetical order line by line? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Third File from Information Contained in Two Files

In advance, I appreciate any help or tips. I apologize for not providing examples of scripts I have already tried, the reason is that I am new to programming and do not really no where to start. I think this is possible with awk, but do not know how to go about learning how to write the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awc228
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum numeric columns contained in a plain text file

Hi everyone, Here are the contents of a plain text file created by a SQL query: SUM(T.TRNQTY) COUNT(D.TRNSEQ) ---------------- ---------------- 1380 46 1393 59 2680 134 740 37 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed in a loop/to remove lines contained in variable from file

I've tried numerous commands, but I am not sure how to use sed in a loop. This is what I have: VARZ contains CARD_FILE_LIST and it also contains CARD_FILE_LIST2 so echo "$VARZ" CARD_FILE_LIST CARD_FILE_LIST2 I have a file with 60 lines in /tmp/testfile it and I want those lines deleted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)                                              CDBS Documentation                                              CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)