Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Does iscsi initiator supported on SUN Post 302502204 by z_haseeb on Monday 7th of March 2011 07:45:46 AM
Old 03-07-2011
Does iscsi initiator supported on SUN

I have a Sun Blade 2500 with SUN 5.9 OS installed.

I have configured ISCSI SAN and one of my Red Hat OS can accessed/mount the ISCSI SAN disk

Now i want to access/mount another ISCSI SAN disk on SUN solaris. Is that possible ?

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process and its initiator's IP

Hi, Is there a command that will tell me which client machine started a process on my Solaris server? what I'm trying to do is that : I've noticed someone is running a program (in my case, the Oracle sqlplus program) by using a "ps -ef | grep sqlplus". Then I use "who" and "finger" and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesloh
3 Replies

2. Solaris

USB Hard Disk Drive Supported by Sun Fire V890

Hi, Can anyone suggest me any USB Hard Disk Drive which I can connect to Sun Fire V890 and take backup at a quick speed. A test with SolidState USB Hard Drive for backup work was taking writing at 2GB per hour for a 75GB backup. Regards, Tushar Kathe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_kathe
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Iscsi - target + initiator on the same host.

Hi all iscsiadm / iscsitadm. Ive created two devices on a host. # iscsitadm list target Target: 1-disk0 iSCSI Name: iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:f105ddf3-52a4-ed7a-9590-c3d354b8fc32.1-disk0 Connections: 1 Target: 1-disk1 iSCSI Name:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 10/09 u8, iSCSI and SUN Trunking

I am running Solaris 10 on a V490. I have Dell EqualLogic SAN attached. I would like to take full advantage of the iSCSI initiator. I have a primary network interface and IP addresses for all four SAN ports. Since the four ports are SUN GigaSwift (legacy), I cannot utilize dladm, so I downloaded... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete from target a LUN that is mounted on initiator

hi all, i'm new here and i have a question, i wanted to know, what should happen if i delete a LUN that is already mounted on one of my initiators. thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slavash
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

ISCSI initiator (client) for HP-UX 10.20

Is there one? If so where can it be found? I have the 10.20 CD set but I don't think that there's an iSCSI initiator on there. Thank you Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: perdrix
0 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)