Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if statement is not giving correct op Post 302502150 by aaysa123 on Monday 7th of March 2011 03:56:44 AM
Old 03-07-2011
Thanks for reply.
Currently I am writing a awk program and running that by using
Code:

nawk -F" " -f b.awk file

Can I give complete command in a single line
Code:

nawk -F" " BEGIN '{ x=0 } {if ($1>3) {x=x+1;print $0} }' END   '{  print "I found " x " line have value more than 3" }' file

but in this case it is giving error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get 07 while giving ((Preyy = yy - 01))

Hi, I need to get the previous year as 07 instead of just 7. I'm running the following for this.. yy=`date '+%y'` ((Preyy = yy - 01)) echo ${Preyy} Here, instead of 07 i'm getting 7 as result. Please Help. Thanks, RRVARMA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

::select statement return value with correct field size::

Hi Everyone, I am facing a problem regarding the select from sybase, the return with the incorrect size. For example, field is NAME(20). After i selected from sybase, the result is nicky. after i assign it to another declaration variable, it will be in actual name "nicky" , what i need... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK not giving me correct output.

i have a line like this in my script IP=`get_IP <hostname> | awk '{ print $1 }' echo $IP the problem is get_IP <hostname> returns data formated as follows: ip 1.1.1.1 name server_name the code above returns 1.1.1.1 server_name and i just need the 1.1.1.1 I have tried to add "|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help inserting the correct if-then-else statement

Hi All, I have this script below that checks rpm code version to Linux and Solaris servers. The script is run using arguement ($1) which is server_list.txt. It runs as: $ ./scriptname server_list.txt #!/bin/bash QUERY="/opt/rpm/bin/rpm -qa --queryformat '%{installtime}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

$0 not giving script name

Why does $0 return the word usage rather than the script name when used in a function? Baffeled on this one, any help appreciated. usage() { echo "$0 -cs <number of batches>\n" echo "$0 -c 4" echo "$0 -s 4" # echo "-c = Create" # echo "-s = Submit\n" exit 1 } $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Happy Thanks Giving

Hello All, I am opening this thread to so that we can THANK ALL moderators/forum advisors/Active users in this forum who really make this place to learn/share/advice :b:. I would like to THANK some people by name too, a very very special THANKS to Neo, Don, Scrutnizer, Corona688, Bartus,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command not giving correct result inside loop

Hi, i have a source file and have 3 columns and separated by "|" .i want to split this 3 columns in different variable.When i am executing this values indivisually giving correct result but when the same execute inside a for loop,it's giving issues. Src file(jjj.txt) -------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
8 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)