Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX type of pages being paged in/out Post 302502071 by zxmaus on Sunday 6th of March 2011 07:07:06 PM
Old 03-06-2011
oh many reasons:
- because oracle is a filesystem + process based DB
- because each oracle forked process needs memory - I assume this server has thousands of processes
- because every batch / backup / DB load requires lots of file caching on top of what is in the SGA - each IO will use 1 page (4 k) of memory

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wired pages

hi, can any body tell, what are wired pages in HP_UX. which structure contains that and plz tell the corresponding system call to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inactive pages

hi, plz tell me, how can get the inactive pages in HP UX. bye.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pages out

okay.. have monitored that the page out/h max and avg have been 0 for one week. is this possible...? huge applications will have swap space being utilised ... so i am suprised that for one whole week, it has actually been zero please advise thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

8. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more f skips two pages

Hi, I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page. But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more. It shows the default is 1. Please share your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
1 Replies
sg_get_page_stats(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      sg_get_page_stats(3)

NAME
sg_get_page_stats, sg_get_page_stats_diff - get paging statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <statgrab.h> sg_page_stats *sg_get_page_stats(void); sg_page_stats *sg_get_page_stats_diff(void); DESCRIPTION
sg_get_page_stats and sg_get_page_stats_diff both return a pointer to a static buffer of type sg_page_stats. sg_get_page_stats will return the number of pages the system has paged in and out since bootup. sg_get_page_stats_diff will return the difference since last time it was called. If it has not been called before, it will return sg_get_page_stats. RETURN VALUES
typedef struct{ long long pages_pagein; long long pages_pageout; time_t systime; }sg_page_stats; pages_pagein The number of pages swapped into memory. pages_pageout The number of pages swapped out of memory (to swap). systime The time period over which pages_pagein and pages_pageout were transferred. BUGS
Solaris doesn't seem to report accurately. It reports the number of pages swapped into memory, not necessarily from swap. This feature isn't deemed entirely reliable. SEE ALSO
statgrab(3) WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2005/04/25 11:25:45 $ sg_get_page_stats(3)