Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Segfaults on pointer deletion Post 302502062 by ctote on Sunday 6th of March 2011 05:45:52 PM
Old 03-06-2011
Hey, thanks for the reply. I originally thought something similar to this, but the code works fine in Windows.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Account Deletion...

Please delete my account? Thanks, so very much, really. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceshiporion
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding deletion of old files

Hi, I have a list of directories which contain old files that are to be deleted. I put the list of all directories in a txt file and it is being read by a script Iam searching for the files older than 60 days using mtime and then deleting it But all the files are getting deleted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chidvilas
3 Replies

3. Programming

memcpy segfaults, but not in windows

Hi Having a lil trouble with a rather simple application I'm writing. It so happens that I have to copy some data using memcpy() and so far I've been doing just fine compiling it with VC.Net and running it on Windows XP. Now I'm trying to port the thing to Solaris (which shouldn't really be too... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khoma
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deletion of Logs

Can someone suggest on this script : let's say the logs files are available for Jan 07, Dec 06, Nov 06, Oct 06 the script should identify the latest months logs, i.e Jan 07 it should then delete anything older than 2 months, which will be logs for Nov 06 & Oct 06. (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: srirams
40 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: deletion of record

I have created a address book file. Insertion of Record (using >> symbol)and searching of record (using grep command) into the address book is also working correctly. Now I want to delete a record into a file. Any body can help me in this case without using sed and awk18 18. Thanks and best... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
24 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

deletion ofsunburntYux

Could you please close SunburntYux as I would like to use the emaill address on this account to register FloridaBSD, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunBurntYux
0 Replies

7. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of a particular character

How to delete a particular character in a file and then removing the spaces created by that removal.I am working with a text file containing nucleotide sequences. I have tried sed command but it replaces N with spaces. example:I want to delete all the N without creating a space after its ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitachaurasia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of records

Hi, I have file with footer (5records) at end of the file. I want to delete the footer as well as the empty records between the main records and footer record.(The gap between main records and Footer records is dynamic) Example: MainRecord1 "115494",","FAELD","CT","... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced deletion

How can i delete the contents of the directory except one file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies
CTLUSER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							CTLUSER(8)

NAME
ctluser - control lusers SYNOPSIS
ctluser [ -h ] [ -m ] command [ argument... ] DESCRIPTION
Ctluser sends a message to the control channel of a given luser(8) This command can only be run by the sysadmin(1) In the normal mode of behavior, the message is sent to the luser's brain, which then performs the requested action and sends back a reply with a text message and the exit code for ctluser. If the luser's brain successfully performed the command, ctluser will exit with a sta- tus of zero and print the reply on standard output. The ``-m'' flag is used to display an MPEG of the results of the given command on the console of the sysadmin(1) Note that this requires the sysadmin(1) to be running an X server. To see a command summary, use the ``-h'' flag. If a command is included when ctluser is invoked with the ``-h'' flag, then only the usage for that command will be given. The complete list of commands follows. Note that all commands have a fixed number of arguments. If a parameter can be an empty string, then it is necessary to specify it as two adjacent quotes, like "". addhist <entry> Add an entry to the luser's employment record. allow reason Allow a luser to use the computer system again. The reason must be the same text given with an earlier ``reject'' command. Note that this command is currently not implemented. begin name Begin a new luser(1) with the given file. Note that this command is currently not implemented. cancel pid Causes a process of a luser to be killed changegroup group Changes a luser from their current workgroup to the one specified. checkfile Forces a user to return to a paper based system drop Causes a large mass to drop onto the luser from a great height. flushlogs Destorys all logs of the actions done by the sysadmin(1) to the luser. go reason The luser is fired for the given reason. hangup Makes the luser hang themselves mode Displays the operating mode of the luser newgroup group Causes a luser to make their own newgroup up pause thought Makes the luser pause for the given thought. Note that this may cause some lusers to crash shutdown reason Makes the luser shutdown. This is essentially the same as killing them signal sig Sends the given signal to the luser throttle reason Causes the luser to throttle themselves trace item flag Gives the sysadmin(1) information on what the luser is doing. BUGS
Ctluser sometimes has the effect of lusers complaining the to management. The use of bosskill(8) maybe required at this point. HISTORY
Written by Simon Burr <simes@tcp.co.uk>. Based upon the manual page for ctlinnd(8), part of the InterNetNews system. SEE ALSO
luser(1), sysadmin(1), bosskill(8) 19 October 1995 CTLUSER(8)