Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Java Problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Java Problems Post 302501927 by Fob Upset on Saturday 5th of March 2011 08:47:30 PM
Old 03-05-2011
Urgent Help!!!!!!

Hello,
When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code

Quote:
Command '"./jre-6u24-linux-i586.bin"'
failed with return code 126 and error message
-bash: line 6: ./jre-6u24-linux-i586.bin: Permission denied.
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Last edited by Fob Upset; 03-06-2011 at 03:56 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java on Openserver 6

Forgive the sheer volume of verbiage: Sco Openserver 6 - how to install Java 1.42_14b: The documentation says: "Make a subdirectory and unwind the tar file into that subdirectory. mkdir JAVA142 cd JAVA142; tar -xf ../OSR6_Java2_142.VOLS.tar Run the Software Manager with the command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetSco
6 Replies

4. SCO

problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5

hi there, i have a hp DL380G5 with hpsas array controller P400. when installing, i use bootstring as following; defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0) then BTLD disk boots ok and looks like the drivers are loaded, all devices show up in boot screen, giving me a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose_antonio
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Java Exceptions while installing Oracle

Hello. I was trying to installe oracle 10g on solaris t0 x86 and got few exception? Could you please suggest, what might be going wrong? $ ls -l total 32 drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 doc drwxr-xr-x 5 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 install drwxr-xr-x 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

installing java 5.0 in HPUX B11.11

please help me how to install java 5.0 in HPUX ...where can i download java 5.0 for HPUX? thanks winky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: winky
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

9. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
JYTHON(1)						      General Commands Manual							 JYTHON(1)

NAME
jython - Python seamlessly integrated with Java SYNOPSIS
jython [ -i ] [ -S ] [ -v ] [ -Dproperty=value ... ] [ -Wargument ] [ -Ecodec ] [ -Qargument ] [ -jar jar | -c cmd | file | - ] [ script-args ] jython [ --help | --version ] DESCRIPTION
Jython is an implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented language Python seamlessly integrated with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is certified as 100% Pure Java. Jython is complementary to Java and is especially suited for the following tasks: Embedded scripting: Java programmers can add the Jython libraries to their system to allow end users to write simple or complicated scripts that add functionality to the application. Interactive experimentation: Jython provides an interactive interpreter that can be used to interact with Java packages or with running Java applications. This allows programmers to experiment with and debug any Java system using Jython. Rapid application development: Python programs are typically 2-10X shorter than the equivalent Java program. This translates directly to increased programmer pro- ductivity. The seamless interaction between Python and Java allows developers to freely mix the two languages both during develop- ment and in shipping products. To make a jython script executable on your system you can add the following line to the top of the file: #!/usr/bin/env jython You will also need to add execute permissions to the script using chmod(1). Note that #!/usr/bin/jython will not work; you must use #!/usr/bin/env jython. This is because /usr/bin/jython is a script itself, not a compiled binary. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -i Continue running Jython interactively after running the given script, and force prompts even if standard input doesn't appear to be a terminal. -S Don't imply import site on initialisation. -v Trace import statements on error output. -Dproperty=value Set the Jython property property to value; see jython.conf(5) for details of available properties. -Wargument Warning control. The full form of argument is action:message:category:module:line. Trailing empty fields may be omitted. Multiple -W options may be given. See documentation of the warnings module for details. -Ecodec Set the encoding used to read module source files from disk. -Qargument Division control. See PEP 239 for details. Valid arguments are old, new, warn and warnall. -jar jar The program to run is read from the file __run__.py in the specified jar archive. -c cmd The program to run is passed as the cmd string. This option terminates the options list. file The program to run is the script file. - The program to run is read from standard input (default behaviour). Interactive mode is used if running on a tty. This flag allows you to pipe a file into Jython and have it be treated correctly. script-args Command-line arguments to pass to the Jython script in sys.argv[1:]. --help Print a usage message and exit. --version Print the Jython version number and exit. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
JAVA (default: /usr/bin/java) The Java interpreter to use when running Jython. JAVA_OPTIONS (default: empty) Options to pass to the Java interpreter when running Jython. SEE ALSO
jythonc(1), jython.conf(5). If the Debian package jython-doc is installed, full documentation from the Jython authors will be available in /usr/share/doc/jython- doc/html/. AUTHOR
This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is based upon the official Jython documentation. July 7, 2001 JYTHON(1)