Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Java Problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Java Problems Post 302501927 by Fob Upset on Saturday 5th of March 2011 08:47:30 PM
Old 03-05-2011
Urgent Help!!!!!!

Hello,
When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code

Quote:
Command '"./jre-6u24-linux-i586.bin"'
failed with return code 126 and error message
-bash: line 6: ./jre-6u24-linux-i586.bin: Permission denied.
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Last edited by Fob Upset; 03-06-2011 at 03:56 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java on Openserver 6

Forgive the sheer volume of verbiage: Sco Openserver 6 - how to install Java 1.42_14b: The documentation says: "Make a subdirectory and unwind the tar file into that subdirectory. mkdir JAVA142 cd JAVA142; tar -xf ../OSR6_Java2_142.VOLS.tar Run the Software Manager with the command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetSco
6 Replies

4. SCO

problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5

hi there, i have a hp DL380G5 with hpsas array controller P400. when installing, i use bootstring as following; defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0) then BTLD disk boots ok and looks like the drivers are loaded, all devices show up in boot screen, giving me a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose_antonio
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Java Exceptions while installing Oracle

Hello. I was trying to installe oracle 10g on solaris t0 x86 and got few exception? Could you please suggest, what might be going wrong? $ ls -l total 32 drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 doc drwxr-xr-x 5 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 install drwxr-xr-x 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

installing java 5.0 in HPUX B11.11

please help me how to install java 5.0 in HPUX ...where can i download java 5.0 for HPUX? thanks winky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: winky
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

9. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
Debian::Javahelper::Java(3)					    Javahelper					       Debian::Javahelper::Java(3)

NAME
Debian::Javahelper::Java - Javahelper core library. SYNOPSIS
use Debian::Javahelper::Java; my @paths = scan_javadoc("/usr/share/doc/libfreemarker-doc/api/"); print "Freemarker is linked to the following APIs: - ", join(" - ", @paths), " "; my @packnames = find_package_for_existing_files("/bin/ls", "/bin/bash"); print "/bin/ls and /bin/bash are installed via: ", join(", ", @packnames), " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is used by various javahelpers to share common code. Please note this API is not stable and backwards compatibility is not guaranteed at the current time. Please contact the maintainers if you are interested in a stable API. Methods scan_javadoc($path) Scans the javadoc at $path and returns a list of javadocs it is linked to on the system. Currently it ignores all javadocs linked via other locations than /usr/share/doc and it also makes an assumption that the linked javadoc is in /usr/share/doc/<package>/<dir-or-symlink>. Of course, all Java Policy compliant packages provide their javadoc from there. If /usr/share/doc/<package>/<dir-or-symlink> appears to be a symlink, then it is followed (except for default-jdk-doc). find_package_for_existing_files(@files) Consults dpkg(1) to see which packages provides @files and returns this list. All entries in @files must exists (but is not required to be files) and should not be used on a directory. Furthermore all entries must be given with absolute path. parse_manifest_fd($fd, $filename) Parses a manifest from $fd, which must be a readable filehandle, and returns a Debian::Javahelper::Manifest. $filename is only used to report parsing errors and should be something that identifies the source of $fd. write_manifest_fd($manifest, $fd, $filename) Writes $manifest to the writable filehandle $fd. $manifest must be a Debian::Javahelper::Manifest. $filename is only used to report errors and should be something that identifies $fd. write_manifest_section_fd($section, $fd, $filename) Writes $section to the writable filehandle $fd. $section must be a Debian::Javahelper::ManifestSection. $filename is only used to report errors and should be something that identifies $fd. NB: Helper - Not exported. slurp_file($file) Reads all lines in $file and returns them as a list. NB: Helper - Not exported. SEE ALSO
Debian::Javahelper::Manifest(3) Debian::Javahelper::ManifestSection(3) AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This module is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2012-01-10 Debian::Javahelper::Java(3)