Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: select last column
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting select last column Post 302501821 by mjomba on Saturday 5th of March 2011 01:17:51 AM
Old 03-05-2011
select last column

Hi!

From a file the format of whichis as in the sample here below, I need to get two files having just 2 columns, being - for the first file - the 2nd than the 1st from the original file; and - for the second file - the LAST then the 1st column of the original file.

Moreover, I would sort the two output files by giving the sum (total) of frequences (2nd column in the final file) for any unique string (word/morpheme) of the first column.
Code:
1 alicho + nishangaza
2 alicho + ni + tengea
3 alicho + ni + tilia
9 alichonuia
5 alicho + nukuliwa
1 alicho + nusurika
1 alio + ya + fundisha
1 alio + yaona
1 alio + ya + pataje
1 alio + yasema
2 alioye + ishi
2 alioyejitaja
2 alioye + soma
1 alioye + somea
1 alio + yo + cheza
1 alio + yo + itoa
1 alio + yo + toa
1 alio + yo + yafanya
1 alio + yo + yapata
1 alio + zalia
1 anacho + ji + chumia
1 anacho + ji + danganya
1 anacho + ji + fanyia
1 anacho + jifunga
3 anacho + jifunza
1 anacho + ji + shughulisha
1 anacho + jisifia
2 anacho + jisikia
6 am + sujudie
1 am + sukuma
1 am + sukuma + ye
1 havi + ya + shughulikii
3 havi + ya + zungumzii
2 havi + yumkiniki

Thanks a lot!
mjomba

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select Record based on First Column

Hi, I have a file with multiple records...and I have to select records based on first column....here is the sample file... I01,abc,125,1a2,LBVI02 I01,abc,126,2b5,LBVI02 I02,20070530,254,abc,LLBI01 I02,20070820,111,bvd,NGBI01 I need all records with I01 in first field in one file and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a column

I've a file like this: andrea andre@lol.com october antonio@lol.com marco 45247@pop.com kk@pop.com may pollo@lol.com mary mary@lol.com can I select only the column with email adress? can I utilise a filter with @ ? I want obtain this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select first column of file

Hi, Following is my file output 247 Sleep 25439 NULL 259 Sleep 25460 NULL 277 Sleep 15274 NULL 361 Sleep 2 NULL 362 Sleep 202 NULL I want to select only first column to other file How can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select and edit on a particular column?

How can I use awk to pick a particular column and work on it? For example, I want to count the number of characters in column10 that are separated by |? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to select according to the second column..!!

the input is : 6298 | anna | chennai | 7/4/08 3981 | dastan | bagh | 8/2/07 6187 | galma | london | 9/5/01 3728 | gonna | kol | 8/2/10 3987 | hogja | mumbai | 8/5/09 2898 | homy | pune | 7/4/09 9167 | tamina | ny | 8/3/10 4617 | vazir | ny now how to get the following output : 3987 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
4 Replies

7. Programming

select value from 'value' column if the Value2 is having a particular value.

Two columns are there in a table Value and Value2.I need to select a desired value from 'value' column if the Value2 is having a particular value. Ex. Table has values ---------------------------- Value Value2 ---------------------------- 1 GOD ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To select only column starting with a particular value

Hi all, Am using awk to reformat an existing file cat $INP_FILE1 | while read line do echo "$line" | nawk ' BEGIN {FS=","} {print("5",$1,$28,"$27",$26)}' >> $OUT_FILE1 done my question is, i would like to read lines that are starting with particular value only example ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select record having different value in second column

I want records which have more than one and different value in the second column on the below sample file. Ex, I have the samle file below :- XYZ 1 XYZ 3 abc 1 abc 1 qwe 2 qwe 1 qwe 3 I want to select XYZ and QWE line only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SELECT and wrapping to next column

Hi all, Am trying to write a menu driven script using SELECT and if I have more than 4 options, it wraps to the next column. That is if I have 6 choices, items 5 and 6 are in the second column. Is there any settings that control this behavior or is it due to some stty settings? stty -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
COMM(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   COMM(1)

NAME
comm -- select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123i] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which should be sorted lexically, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. The filename ``-'' means the standard input. The following options are available: -1 Suppress printing of column 1. -2 Suppress printing of column 2. -3 Suppress printing of column 3. -i Case insensitive comparison of lines. Each column will have a number of tab characters prepended to it equal to the number of lower numbered columns that are being printed. For example, if column number two is being suppressed, lines printed in column number one will not have any tabs preceding them, and lines printed in column number three will have one. The comm utility assumes that the files are lexically sorted; all characters participate in line comparisons. DIAGNOSTICS
The comm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1) STANDARDS
The comm utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
A comm command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD