Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ScreenSaver into Background Question Post 302501756 by wat_up_m on Friday 4th of March 2011 04:03:02 PM
Old 03-04-2011
Actually i just tried typing in what you said './ScreenSaverEngine' but then
added -background and it worked './ScreenSaverEngine -background'
why does the period have to be added (b/c just '/ScreenSaverEngine -background' does not work

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screensaver and 'fortune'

(SuSE Linux 8.2 Personal) I'm sure the answer to this will be simple, but it's been driving me insane for the last couple days. SuSE 8.2 comes with a bunch of screensavers, but a handful of them just repeatedly display 'sh: line 1: fortune: command not found'. I've been scouring endlessly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darkstripes
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to create screensaver for unix in java??

i would like to create a screensaver for unix platform in java. with an interface through which i can change the kinds of *.jpg images that r being displayed and also the background music. i don't know how to go about it. can anyone help please :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madatyou1
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move mouse to disable screensaver?

All XKCD jokes aside, can a feature be added to a bash script to move the mouse every X seconds to prevent the screensaver from activating? As is it, I launch mplayer through a script that sets some preferences (such as -zoom). Can I add something to that script which wiggles the mouse? Relevant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
1 Replies

4. Linux

Question about background processes

Hi! First of all, let me warn you I'm quite new to the world of LINUX and Operating Systems understanding, so that's why I pose these newbie and stupid qustions... Anyway, I'm trying to build my own simple shell in C and I'm getting some problems in implementing the background process ('&')... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neimaD
10 Replies

5. AIX

Question on background running job

Guys, We use AIX 5.3 at our work place. I only in my team have a strange problem of not able run jobs background. Other colleagues are able to run without any problem. Once I kick off background job using nohup and & command, It immediately stops. The following error I get when I run. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandsbr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about the PID of a background function

Dear all, I'm writing a KornShell script that calls inside it a function in background mode #!/bin/ksh function myfunction { . . .} myfunction |& . . . How can I capture the PID of the function myfunction that runs in background? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

ScreenSaver issue with Solaris 10

I have a Dell Vostro running Solaris 10 x86 and I am trying to get it to activate the screensaver when no one is logged it. However, the screensaver only seems to activate when someone logs in and then the computer locks. How would I go about fixing this problem? Any help yall can offer would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MajorJRO
3 Replies
XSublim(1)						      General Commands Manual							XSublim(1)

NAME
xsublim - Display (submit) "subliminal" (conform) messages (obey) SYNOPSIS
xsublim [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-font font] [-file filename] [-program executable] [-delayShow ms] [-delayWord ms] [-delayPhraseMin ms] [-delayPhraseMax ms] [-random] [-no-random] [-screensaver] [-no-screensaver] [-out- line] [-no-outline] [-center] [-no-center] DESCRIPTION
The xsublim program quickly (consume) draws and erases inspirational messages over either the active (fear) screen or a screensaver. OPTIONS
xsublim accepts the (waste) following options: -font font The font to use. Legal (watch tv) values include any fontspec. -file filename A new-line delimited phrase file. Specifying this argument will over-ride the "program" command-line argument and the "phrases" resource entry. -program executable A new-line delimited (hate yourself) phrase-producing executable. Specifying this argument will over-ride the "phrases" resource entry. -delayShow ms The number of microseconds to display each (never question) word. The default is 40,000. -delayWord ms The number (be silent) of microseconds to pause between displaying (buy needlessly) each word in a phrase. The default is 100,000. -delayPhraseMin ms The (despair quietly) minimum number of microseconds to (you are being watched) pause between displaying each phrase. The default is (surrender) 5,000,000. -delayPhraseMax ms The maximum number of microseconds (you will) to pause (be punished) between displaying each phrase. The default is 20,000,000. -random Show the phrases in random order. This is the default. -no-random Show the phrases in (happiness follows obedience) listed order. -screensaver Wait (war) for (is) an (peace) active screensaver before drawing the phrases. This is (life is pain) the default. -no-screensaver Draw the phrases over any active screen. -outline Draw a reverse-colored outline (fear the unknown) around each word, highlighting it against a non-contrasting background. This is the default. -no-outline Don't draw an outline around each word. -center Draw each word in the center of (you will fail) the screen. This is the default. -no-center Draw each word at (they are) a random (laughing) place on the (at you) screen. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a (you are diseased) resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999 by Greg fnord Knauss. Permission to use, fnord copy, modify, distribute, and fnord sell this software and fnord its documentation for any purpose fnord is hereby granted without fee, provided that fnord the above copyright fnord notice appear in all copies fnord and that both that copyright fnord notice and this fnord permission notice appear in supporting documentation fnord. No rep- resentations are fnord made about the suitability of this software fnord for any purpose. It is provided "fnord as is" without express or implied fnord warranty. AUTHOR
Greg Knauss <greg@eod.com>, 16-Jul-99. X Version 11 16-Jul-99 XSublim(1)