Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare list [ names and size files ] Post 302501636 by Aswex on Friday 4th of March 2011 04:57:21 AM
Old 03-04-2011
Dear anchal_khare,

I made a file list from the remote sever and another file list with what I have on local.

I 've moved of list on my temporary directory to compare both of the list.

I believed your script compare a list file made on the remote server and compare with what I have on the directory. If is this way how works the code, I will try anyway. I want to say thansk a lot for your help, and in other way make your work as help to anyone that will try to do the same thnigs I am doing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 list and delete certain names

Hi, I currently have a script that takes a list of names and compares it with another list and appends non-duplicate names. I want to modify my script such that it will look at a list of names and for every name preceded by the tag "<delete>" (without the quotes) it checks the other list for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compare names of files?

hi, can somebody tell me how to compare names of files? the situation is I have 2 files file1 and file2 and I want to figure out which file has the biggest ending, in this case file2 is. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare between files size

Hello i have file A created yesterday and file B created today thanks to help create script compare between 2 files according to size so if file B is less than 10% of file A i should have echo message with warning also check if file B exist or not. this should be run in loop for list of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for particular files and compare the file names

Hi, Below are the 2 files in directory /tmp: masterCSF242323.img indexCSF242323.img 1) I want to compare if both the number (242323) are same in both the files. If they are same print - Files matching, else print files do not match. 2) Also if only index file is present in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apatil65
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding size of files with spaces in their file names

I am running a UNIX script to get unused files and their sizes from the server. The issue is arising due to the spaces present in the filename/folder names.Due to this the du -k command doesn't work properly.But I need to calculate the size of all files including the ones which have spaces in them.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and get only missing names

I need to compare two files (oldfile1 & newfile). Need to ignore the values which are present in both files. At the same time, i need to get only records in new file. Tried using Join -v1 -v2 oldfile1 newfile (suspect it has not worked as expected). could anyone of you please help me here. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files containing package names and version number

I have 2 files each containing a list of same fedora packages but with different version number. I want to compare the 2 files and remove the lines containing a newer or older version number (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asya18
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list the names of the files from all the subdirectories?

Hi, I'm currently trying to print the names of all the .txt files in the subdirectories that contain the string I'm searching. I tried with this code, but it seems that it searches for the names that matches the string instead of searching for the string in the individual files and printing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files with different names in different directories

Hi, I have a requirement to compare files in different directories with different names. The files have a datestamp in their name (It might not be a sequential datetimestamp). This is for Redhat Linux. I have more than 5 directories and more than 10 file in each directory to be compared. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
4 Replies
TEXT2PS(L)																TEXT2PS(L)

NAME
text2ps - convert text files to PostScript SYNOPSIS
text2ps [ options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Text2ps reads the input files (standard input if none are specified) and produces PostScript code which, when fed to a PostScript printer, will print the files. With text2ps it is possible to select any font, point size and number of columns. Options and files can be inter- mixed on the command line. Options are effective for all following files until they are overridden. Options Here follows a list of options that text2ps recognizes. Most numeric arguments are significant to one decimal place. Options are evalu- ated from left to right. Later options override earlier ones. -# n Print n copies of each page. (Default 1.) -c n Print in n columns. (Default 1.) -f font Print using font font. (Default Courier.) -p n Print with point size n. (Default 9.) -v n Use a vertical spacing of n points. If the vertical spacing is set to 0, the spacing will be 1.2 times the point size. (Default 0.) -l n Print n lines per column. When the line count is 0, print as many lines as will fit. (Default 0.) -r [p|l] Set the orientation to either portrait mode (p) or landscape mode (l). (Default p.) -b [+|-] Set page break mode. An argument + will force new files to be always printed on a new page (this is the default). After - new files will be put on the same page if there are still empty columns and the number of columns, the orientation or the number of copies didn't change. New files always start new columns. (Default -.) -mt n The top margin is n points. (Default 63.) -mb n The bottom margin is n points. (Default 63.) -ml n The left margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mr n The right margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mg n The inter-column gap is n points. (Default 25.) -t [+|-] If the argument is + the name of the file being printed will be printed on each page. If the argument is - the file name will not be printed. -t + implies -b +. -T text Print text as title on each page. This implies -t - and -b +. This option can be switched off by specifying -t - or -t +. (Default no title.) -F font Set the title font to font. (Default Helvetica.) -P n Set the title point size to n. (Default 12.) -B n Draw borders around each page. The number n specifies how to draw borders. N can have any of the following values or-ed in: 1 Draw a line along the left of the page. 2 Draw a line along the bottom of the page. 4 Draw a line along the right of the page. 8 Draw a line along the top of the page. 16 Draw a line between columns. This line does not connect to the lines along the top or bottom. 32 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the top. 64 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the bottom. When n is 0, no border lines are drawn. (Default no bordering lines.) -w n Tab stops are set every n spaces. Set the width of the TAB character. (Default 8.) -1 Sets up options to print in one column in portrait mode with the Courier font, so that you get 66 lines on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 1 -f Courier -p 9 -v 0 -r p -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59. This is the default. -2 Sets up options to print in two columns in landscape mode with the Courier font, so that you get two 66-line columns on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 2 -f Courier -p 6 -v 0 -r l -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59 -mg 25. Together with the -1 option, this is probably the most useful option. The name - means standard input. BUGS
Too many options. There is no way to specify where the title will be placed. If the font being used is not a constant width font and there are other characters than just tabs and spaces in front of a tab, the next character may not align properly. TEXT2PS(L)