Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: row Comparison
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting row Comparison Post 302501580 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 4th of March 2011 01:53:32 AM
Old 03-04-2011
More chances that Total_col_count variable to hold more than one value in your case. So the if condition fails as your comparing it with single value 10. Print the value of Total_col_count and check before going for if condition to make sure it holds only single value and not multiple.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

consecutive row comparison in awk (?)

hi, I'm totally new to this forum and to awk. I have what I thought was a simple problem, but I can't get anything to work. Here is an example input file: 3.85 4018.4 3.9 4068.4 3.95 4082.9 4 4099.7 # Property:.......etc. 0 4733.3 0.05 4659.7 0.1 4585.6 0.15 4466.2 Two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogga
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential comparison (one row with file and so on)

Dear linux experts, I'd like to ask for your support, I've read some posts in this forum about files comparison but haven't found what I'm looking for. I need to create a sequential script to compare row-by-row one file with 34 similar files but without success so far. This is what I get: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do row comparison in shell script

Hi, I need help on doing the below thing in shell script. I have a file with millions of rows called "abc.txt". i have another file with millions of rows called "xyz.txt". I would like to do the below operation. Open the abc.txt, read the first line, do some operations on the column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: informsrini
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script: Traverse Database Table Row by Row

Hello Everyone, My issue is that I want to traverse a database table row by row and do some action on the value retrieved in each row. I have gone through a lot of shell script questions/posts. I could find row by row traversal of a file but not a database table. Please help. Thanks &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsan.asghar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Row from First Row (Split Row)

HI Guys, I have Below Input :- RepigA_hteis522 ReptCfiEtrBsCll_aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 RepigA ReptCfiEtrBsCll hteis522 aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 Split Data in two first row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies
condition(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      condition(5)

NAME
condition - concepts related to condition variables DESCRIPTION
Occasionally, a thread running within a mutex needs to wait for an event, in which case it blocks or sleeps. When a thread is waiting for another thread to communicate its disposition, it uses a condition variable in conjunction with a mutex. Although a mutex is exclusive and the code it protects is sharable (at certain moments), condition variables enable the synchronization of differing events that share a mutex, but not necessarily data. Several condition variables may be used by threads to signal each other when a task is complete, which then allows the next waiting thread to take ownership of the mutex. A condition variable enables threads to atomically block and test the condition under the protection of a mutual exclusion lock (mutex) until the condition is satisfied. If the condition is false, a thread blocks on a condition variable and atomically releases the mutex that is waiting for the condition to change. If another thread changes the condition, it may wake up waiting threads by signaling the associated condition variable. The waiting threads, upon awakening, reacquire the mutex and re-evaluate the condition. Initialize Condition variables and mutexes should be global. Condition variables that are allocated in writable memory can synchronize threads among processes if they are shared by the cooperating processes (see mmap(2)) and are initialized for this purpose. The scope of a condition variable is either intra-process or inter-process. This is dependent upon whether the argument is passed implic- itly or explicitly to the initialization of that condition variable. A condition variable does not need to be explicitly initialized. A condition variable is initialized with all zeros, by default, and its scope is set to within the calling process. For inter-process syn- chronization, a condition variable must be initialized once, and only once, before use. A condition variable must not be simultaneously initialized by multiple threads or re-initialized while in use by other threads. Condition variables attributes may be set to the default or customized at initialization. POSIX threads even allow the default values to be customized. Establishing these attributes varies depending upon whether POSIX or Solaris threads are used. Similar to the distinctions between POSIX and Solaris thread creation, POSIX condition variables implement the default, intra-process, unless an attribute object is modified for inter-process prior to the initialization of the condition variable. Solaris condition variables also implement as the default, intra-process; however, they set this attribute according to the argument, type, passed to their initialization function. Condition Wait The condition wait interface allows a thread to wait for a condition and atomically release the associated mutex that it needs to hold to check the condition. The thread waits for another thread to make the condition true and that thread's resulting call to signal and wakeup the waiting thread. Condition Signaling A condition signal allows a thread to unblock the next thread waiting on the condition variable, whereas, a condition broadcast allows a thread to unblock all threads waiting on the condition variable. Destroy The condition destroy functions destroy any state, but not the space, associated with the condition variable. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fork(2), mmap(2), setitimer(2), shmop(2), cond_broadcast(3C), cond_destroy(3C), cond_init(3C), cond_signal(3C), cond_timedwait(3C), cond_wait(3C), pthread_cond_broadcast(3C), pthread_cond_destroy(3C), pthread_cond_init(3C), pthread_cond_signal(3C), pthread_cond_timed- wait(3C), pthread_cond_wait(3C), pthread_condattr_init(3C), signal(3C), attributes(5), mutex(5), standards(5) NOTES
If more than one thread is blocked on a condition variable, the order in which threads are unblocked is determined by the scheduling pol- icy. USYNC_THREAD does not support multiple mapplings to the same logical synch object. If you need to mmap() a synch object to different loca- tions within the same address space, then the synch object should be initialized as a shared object USYNC_PROCESS for Solaris, and PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE for POSIX. SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1998 condition(5)