Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to sort entries in a file by date and time Post 302501576 by clx on Friday 4th of March 2011 01:38:04 AM
Old 03-04-2011
Welcome to the forum.

Will this work?

Code:
sort -k6.7,6.8 -k6.1,6.2 -k6.4,6.5 -k7.1,7.2 -k7.4,7.5 -k7.7,7.8 < file

o/p:
Code:
150 pbnawldb001-b CertNPI20 Airpark_Prod_SQL_Diff Airpark-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 02/27/11 11:06:26
150 pbnawldb001-b CertNPI20 Airpark_Prod_SQL_Diff Airpark-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 02/28/11 20:06:26
6 ixtarchive-b IXT Memphis_Prod_SQL_Diff Memphis-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/01/11 18:32:58
6 dbclstr-b Logs Memphis_Prod_SQL_Diff Memphis-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/02/11 04:10:15
6 dbclstr-b Logs Memphis_Prod_SQL_Diff Memphis-Prod-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/03/11 07:10:15

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort By Date and Time

Hi , I would like to list or sort by date and time (the files are named in day and time format) where the latest file will be placed at the bottom and the earliest file be placed at the top. Can anybody help me? My files are named in the following manner. EG: abc_071128_144121_data "... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to get the date and time of mail which we get into our inbox using shell script?

Hello All, I need a script which extarct the date and time of the mail which is there in our inbox... I can export the mail copy into desktop making it as a textfile or something like that.. So is there anyway to get the date and time from that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time comparison using shell script

Hi, I'm having two fields in the file F1|F2 20111220|102000 F1 ->YYYYMMDD F2 ->HHMMSS Now, I need to compare this with current date & time and need to return the difference value in hours. Already, I checked with datecalc from the forum. So, need hints from Shell Gurus. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort by Date and Time?

Hi, The input file is as follows, 22.06.2012 17:58:38 CPUser: xxxxxxx, billedAfterStatus: Active 13.07.2012 08:46:15 CPUser: xxxxxxx, billedAfterStatus: Active 20.07.2012 08:56:24 CPUser: xxxxxxx, billedAfterStatus: Active 20.03.2012 08:56:24 CPUser: xxxxxxx, billedAfterStatus: Active... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do simple date (time) calculation in shell script?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to do a simple math calc during a shell script as a means of logging how long a particular task takes. For example... STARTTIME=whenever this script starts ./path/to/command.sh >>logfile.log TOTALTIME=<time at this stage of the script after above command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

Request ID GMDCOMTM GMDRRSTIME GMDRESTIME <36812986> : : :I want to display the date -time difference in other fields. Above I have given for only 1 record. I want to calculate for all the records. (GMCOMTM - GMDRRSTM) ,(GMDRRSTM-GMDRESTM) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script | Parse log file after a given date and time stamp

I am developing one script which will take log file name, output file name, date, hour and minute as an argument and based on these inputs, the script will scan and capture all the error(s) that have been triggered from a given time. Example: script should capture all the error after 13:50 on Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROMA3
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)