Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk number of lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk number of lines Post 302501500 by rdcwayx on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 06:17:17 PM
Old 03-03-2011
Code:
wc -l csvfile.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print number of lines with awk ?

Can some body tell me how to print number of line from a particular file, with sed. ? Input file format AAAA BBBB CCCC SDFFF DDDD DDDD Command to print line 2 and 3 ? BBBB CCCC And also please tell me how to assign column sum to variable. I user the following command it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit of number of lines for awk and sed.

Hi, I'm using awk and sed to extract some data out from a text file. The text file consists of data over a million (prolly millions) of lines. Question: Is there a limit of number of lines for awk and sed? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Counting number of similar lines

Hi All I have the input file OMAK_11. OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, ignore first x number of lines.

Is there a way to tell awk to ignore the first 11 lines of a file?? example, I have a csv file with all the heading information in the first lines. I want to split the file into 5-6 different files but I want to retain the the first 11 lines of the file. As it is now I run this command: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement matching all lines starting w/ a number

Does awk have a syntax for a range of numbers or is this the best way? if ($1 >= 0 && $1 <= 9 ) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I print out lines with the same number in front using awk?

Hi, I need help in printing out the dates with the largest value in front of it using awk. 436 28/Feb/2008 436 27/Feb/2008 436 20/Feb/2008 422 13/Feb/2008 420 23/Feb/2008 409 21/Feb/2008 402 26/Feb/2008 381 22/Feb/2008 374 24/Feb/2008 360... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFA
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to (n)awk lines of CSV with certain number of fields?

I have a CSV file with a variable number of fields per record. How do I print lines of a certain number of fields only? Several permutations of the following (including the use of escape characters) have failed to retrieve the line I'm after (1,2,3,4)... $ cat myfile 1,2,3,4 1,2,3 $ # Print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to extract lines with a defined number of characters

This is my problem, my file (file A) contains the following information: Now, I would like to create a file (file B) containing only the lines with 10 or more characters but less than 20 with their corresponding ID: Then, I need to compare the entries and determine their frequency. Thus, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Skip x Number of Lines in Counter

Hello, I am new to AWK and in UNIX in general. I am hoping you can help me out here. Here is my data: root@ubuntu:~# cat circuits.list WORD1 AA BB CC DD Active ISP1 ISP NAME1 XX-XXXXXX1 WORD1 AA BB CC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
9 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)