Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract date from filename and create a new file Post 302501498 by angel1001 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 05:47:52 PM
Old 03-03-2011
Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server

20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format

the complete route is
/dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv

i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt

I need to create Parameters.txt with this content in the same /dprod/informatica/Fuentes route

[Comercial.AACPWM001]
$$Date = 20091020 aaaammdd format

how i can do that in unix in a shell, i'm beginner

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create filename with 'DD/MM/YYYY' date format

Hi, I can use the following command to create a file with some name then underscore and then date appended to it in the format 'DD-MM-YYYY': touch "newfile_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`" But it gives me error when I try with the similar command to create a file with the date format 'DD/MM/YYYY'. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract first line of a file and use as filename

I am trying to find a way to create a script which will extract the first line of a file and then rename the file (or create a new file with the same content as the old file) using the first line as the name. The first line being a single word, that is. I am hopeless at programming, if anyone can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.plumb
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - create a filename with the date appended

I am looking to do something where if I created a file named backup,or whatever it would print a name like “backup_Apr_11_2011”. Thanks citizencro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: citizencro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create file with last month in filename

Hi, I have a bash script which outputs a file with current year and month in the filename. Last line is: cat result_* > output.$(date +%y%m) So for Feb 2013 this gives me output.1302 Now I am requested to run the script every first day of the month, but with the previous month in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viscacha
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data according to keys from filename mentioned in file

Hello experts, I want to join a file with files whosE names are mentioned in one of the columns of the same file. File 1 t1,a,b,file number 1 t1,a,c,file number 1 t2,c,d,file number 2 t2,c,e,file number 2 t2,c,f,file number 2 t2,c,g,file number 2 t3,e,f,file number 3 file number 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract when filename contains file seperator..?

Hi, I want to extract part of filename, for eg: File="010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CASAP_20170519_121504_0007.TXT" here i need first 5 words of file i.e. FilePart="$(echo "${File%"${File#******}"}")" Echo $FilePart 010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CASAP But what if i get filename like below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
DUMP_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
dump_sockdfr - Display contents of frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
dump_sockdfr [infile] DESCRIPTION
dump_sockdfr reads in a frozen route file for the SOCKS server and produces a listing of its contents on the standard output. The argument is optional; if omitted, /etc/sockd.fr is assumed. The frozen route file is produced by make_sockdfr and is essentially the memory image of the parsed route file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
make_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)