Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename Worksheet
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename Worksheet Post 302501495 by Perderabo on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 05:31:10 PM
Old 03-03-2011
You just select the text in the tab, backspace over the "sheet1" and type whatever you want. But I have no idea how to do it with a shell script. Is this really a shell scripting question?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename using mv ?

Hi all how can can remove the underscore from this number in this series _1234567.abc _1234567.abcd I was trying mv _1234567* 1234567 but did not work ? thanks s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I rename the following=-^

I have a file named -^, I want to look at it, rename, etc. Any help out there?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename

hi, im doin an assignment which requires you to build a shell script to do the MS DOS style equivilant (sp?) of the rename function. What i have to do is a loop which checks the following rules and output messages (same): Can't have anything after target Can't have more than one dot Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bohoo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with rename

hi guys i am writing a script to change the filename which is enterered as input to lower case letter even if one letter is upper case i have to change it to lower case i get the input and use sed comand should i use like that sed/s/a-z/A-Z/d will it be like that can u please help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: farhan_t49
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bulk rename

hi, my directory has the following files I want to rename or mv them as file 1 corresponds to new_1.bed, file2 to new_2.bed and so on. How do I do it using awk or bash? TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xlsx worksheet to separate csv

Hi All, I need a solution to convert my .xlsx file which has lot of worksheet, convert to separate csv file. Is there any shell script to do this? I can’t use excel macro to do this, since it was password locked. I need the csv output as an input to my shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename more than 1 file

Hi, I have multiple files in a directory e.g. file1.txt.gz file2.txt.gz file3.txt.gz and I want to rename them to: file1.dat.gz file2.dat.gz file3.dat.gz I don't have 'rename' command on my system. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output to different worksheet in excel

Hi, I need to redirect of a script to different worksheet in a single excel file. I have four queries in that script. Each query output needs to be placed in separate worksheet of a excel file. can someone help me to find this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using rename

I want to rename files Files show like this 1977SSD_rsdtst.pdf 1976SDP_rstdtsr.pdf 1943FDT_rstdsrt.pdf 1996DFF_stdstrd.pdf I want to introduce _ after the year, and move the characters to the end to get 1977_rsdtst_SSD.pdf 1976_rstdtsr_SDP.pdf 1943_rstdsrt_FDT.pdf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rename

Renaming files using rename on the following files rename 's/.99999/.99999.sac.pzs/g' *.99999 sac_pzs_iv_esml_hhz__2013.074.10.18.23.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_favr_hhe__2010.187.00.00.00.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)