Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris System stuck up in maintanence mode Post 302501483 by bartus11 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 04:32:23 PM
Old 03-03-2011
In maintenance mode try:
Code:
svccfg -s boot-archive setprop start/timeout_seconds=180

Then
Code:
init 6

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

system get stuck on stand by mode

Hi Im using a Sun blade 1500 with solaris 8 and when the monitor goes to stand by mode, the machine doesnt return to the normal mode anymore. Then i have to reboot it always. Does anybody have a clue how can i solve it or turn off the stand by mode? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougpss
2 Replies

2. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to distinguish standard system mode or trust system mode

I think that if the directory /tcb exists, HP-UX is in trusted mode and the passwd data is somewhere in /tcb/files/auth. But that's all I remember. Also I think recent versions of HP-UX can have a /etc/shadow file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get out of "stuck" mode

Hi. I am relatively new to working with Unix OS. In the past few years I worked with windows but programmed on Linux through SSH. I have been working on a computer with Unix OS for the past few months, and I have a reoccurring problem. One of my processes gets stuck, and the computer freezes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrguy123
5 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. BSD

single user mode under system v

Hello! I am new to the forum and I need help on restoring root user's password or access the form of single user mode under operating system very long-standing family bsd - Unix system V I think it's also called srv4. I managed to enter the owner of IPL, and a moment after the rise of system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmalool
2 Replies

7. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web server maintanence

Hi, can anyone help me with what maintenance is required for a web server? I can only think of patches. (This is separate to monitoring the web server.) :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greatmaple
0 Replies

9. Solaris

System is stuck at the OK prompt

Here is a little background. We have a V240 server that has two disks mirrored (out of 4 disks) and one of the disk complained when booting up. The system complained with /etc/inittab file is truncated or corrupted, cannot create /ar/adm/utmpx failed write of utmpx entry. Someone tried to fix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
4 Replies
cmruncl(1m)															       cmruncl(1m)

NAME
cmruncl - run a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmruncl [-f] [-v] [-n node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmruncl causes all nodes in a configured cluster or all nodes specified to start their cluster daemons and form a new cluster. To start a cluster, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). This command should only be run when the cluster is not active on any of the configured nodes. This command verifies the network configu- ration before causing the nodes to start their cluster daemons. If a cluster is already running on a subset of the nodes, the cmrunnode command should be used to start the remaining nodes and force them to join the existing cluster. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemons will be started on all the nodes in the cluster. All nodes in the cluster must be available for the cluster to start unless a subset of nodes is specified. Options cmruncl supports the following options: -f Force cluster startup without warning message and continuation prompt that are printed with the -n option. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. -n node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified subset of node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was config- ured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE cmruncl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon: cmruncl Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmruncl -n node1 -n node2 AUTHOR
cmruncl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmruncl(1m)