Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris System stuck up in maintanence mode Post 302501478 by bartus11 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 04:16:04 PM
Old 03-03-2011
What does this command show:
Code:
tail -20 /etc/svc/volatile/system-boot-archive:default.log

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

system get stuck on stand by mode

Hi Im using a Sun blade 1500 with solaris 8 and when the monitor goes to stand by mode, the machine doesnt return to the normal mode anymore. Then i have to reboot it always. Does anybody have a clue how can i solve it or turn off the stand by mode? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougpss
2 Replies

2. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to distinguish standard system mode or trust system mode

I think that if the directory /tcb exists, HP-UX is in trusted mode and the passwd data is somewhere in /tcb/files/auth. But that's all I remember. Also I think recent versions of HP-UX can have a /etc/shadow file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get out of "stuck" mode

Hi. I am relatively new to working with Unix OS. In the past few years I worked with windows but programmed on Linux through SSH. I have been working on a computer with Unix OS for the past few months, and I have a reoccurring problem. One of my processes gets stuck, and the computer freezes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrguy123
5 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. BSD

single user mode under system v

Hello! I am new to the forum and I need help on restoring root user's password or access the form of single user mode under operating system very long-standing family bsd - Unix system V I think it's also called srv4. I managed to enter the owner of IPL, and a moment after the rise of system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmalool
2 Replies

7. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web server maintanence

Hi, can anyone help me with what maintenance is required for a web server? I can only think of patches. (This is separate to monitoring the web server.) :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greatmaple
0 Replies

9. Solaris

System is stuck at the OK prompt

Here is a little background. We have a V240 server that has two disks mirrored (out of 4 disks) and one of the disk complained when booting up. The system complained with /etc/inittab file is truncated or corrupted, cannot create /ar/adm/utmpx failed write of utmpx entry. Someone tried to fix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)