Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix : About options of clear command ? Post 302501381 by Ben31400 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 11:28:08 AM
Old 03-03-2011
Unfortunately, this is not what I want. When I use
Code:
tput reset

I can use in the console the vertical scrollbar to access the previous informations displayed on the console. What I want, is a command that make the console absolutely empty of previous displays (without being forced to start a new console each time).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Clear logs in unix sco 5.0.4

hi my name es juan i have sco open server 5.0.4 release i need clear the log files as wtmp thanks you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtapia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with clear command

Hi All I'm currently writing a very simple UNIX script to process some work. The very first thing I do on my script is use the "clear" command. how my file looks... clear echo "Return status: $?" For some strange reason, the return status being returned is 1, not 0 as i expected. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djkane
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clear Case views on UNIX

Friends, I was asked to work on Clear Case after setting up. For this created a dynamic view by using the command, 'cleartool mkview -tag <view name> -stgloc viewstg'. Now I am not sure how to proceed further :-( May I request you to help me out in continuing further. I have a deadline in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmohan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What command do you use to clear the print que?

Hi, I have a user that has tried to print a job several times and has now filled up the que. How do i delete all the jobs in the que and what is the command?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_user
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command not clear

hi, i have an unix command which is as follows: ctmfw /work/CDFC/landing/ZORC.txt CREATE 0 60 1 10 240 I think a txt file called ZORC gets created in the mentioned directory, i am not sure what 0 60 1 10 240 is. Is my understanding correct and also let me know what those numbers denote?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eljcmscrlk
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to clear command history

hi Any one can help me. I am using Sun_Solaris. The command history set to 100 at .cshrc. I am unable to clear the command histoy. In Linux it is very easy by giving command history -c I could not find any such type command to clear the history. Is there any such type of command for solaris.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabir
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to clear logs for every 6 hours in solaris

Hi Folks, I need to remove log files for six hours on Solaris. before i used to do for every 24 hours below is the code for 1 day older log files, now i tried using -mmin +360 but it says command not found. Can someone please help me out!!! part of the code: LOG_FILE=`find /home/Logdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear command issue

I need to clear the screen after each iteration but i cannot place clear where it needs to go to do that. I just keep clearing the screen before i can even see the choice I make. HWfile=~/home/daftdave/HW2 loop=y while do tput cup 2 15 ; echo "File Menu List" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear command help & alias

Hi Folks, When I type clear on my unix prompt on mac terminal, it prints the help menu of a program instead of cleaning the contents of the screen. Also, I have used the following alias command to setup some shortcuts, but soon after I logout and login, these shortcuts doesn't work. alias... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX find command - using multiple -name options

Hi all, What am trying do is search for a directory that is owned by cm that only exists in a path that has a particular directory ex: what I'm using now is find . -user cm -name '*.rel' -type d -exec ls -dl {} \; This is giving me stuff like this ./../../foo1/../../*.rel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtmed
2 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)