Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris recognize HW Raid ??
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris recognize HW Raid ?? Post 302501341 by fpmurphy on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 10:27:54 AM
Old 03-03-2011
Assuming you have a direct connect P2000 array, which generation is it and what particular controller have you?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RAID in Solaris 9

All, Is there a way to RAID the disks in Solaris 9? Solaris 8 provided DiskSuite for mirroring disk drives. Is there a GUI for DiskSuite in Solaris 9? Thanks, Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Solaris

raid 5 using solaris 9 LVM

if i want to create a raid 5 device on 3 disks I have, can I make multiple metadevices? all the example i see on the internet make use of the slice 2 placing the entire disk into the raid5 device. what if i make 3 identical slices on each disk, and make 3 raid 5 metadevices? will that work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid config on Jumpstart (Solaris 10

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to include a RAID configuration in my Solaris 10 Jumpstart files, so that I don't have to manually set up RAID on all my machines. Thanks P.S. I started messing around with Solaris only a week back, so if I sound like a complete idiot, you know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris LVM Raid 0+1

Hi, I tried to setup a Riad 0+1 but I found no step by step manual to follow so I tried on my own ;) I'd already configured a mirror for the OS on my Solaris machines so I had an idea where to start. I have 9 drives in the server. 1. I configured the first two as a mirror for the OS. 2. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoiDanton
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to check for hardware layered raid in solaris 10 ?

hi all, will command metastats tell whether there is hardware layered raid ? i intend to do patching and plug out one of the disks in case the one inside encountered issues. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID on Solaris Question

Hello folks; I'm trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on SUN X4150 box with 6 disks in it, the question is how can i create a Virtual disk like RAID 0 before i install Solaris. When i boot up i don't see any option to go and create my raid before the installation begin. Thanks in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Hardware RAID not recognize the new disk [Sun T6320]

We have hardware RAID configured on Sun-Blade-T6320 and one of the disk got failed. Hence we replaced the failed disk. But the hot swapped disk not recognized by RAID. Kindly help on fixing this issue. We have 2 LDOM configured on this server and this server running on single disk. #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock123
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation - Disks missing, and Raid

Hey everyone. First, let me start by saying I'm primarily focused on linux boxes, and just happened to get pulled into building two T5220's. I'm not super educated on sun boxes. Both T5220's have 8 146GB 15k SAS drives. Inside the service processor, I can run SHOW /SYS/HDD{0-7} and they all come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies
IPCONTROLLER(1) 														   IPCONTROLLER(1)

NAME
ipcontroller - IPython parallel computing controller control tool SYNOPSIS
ipengine [options] DESCRIPTION
ipcontroller is a control tool for IPython's parallel computing functions. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit --client-ip=CLIENT_IP the IP address or hostname the controller will listen on for client connections --client-port=CLIENT_PORT the port the controller will listen on for client connections --client-location=CLIENT_LOCATION hostname or ip for clients to connect to -x turn off all client security --client-cert-file=CLIENT_CERT_FILE file to store the client SSL certificate --task-furl-file=TASK_FURL_FILE file to store the FURL for task clients to connect with --multiengine-furl-file=MULTIENGINE_FURL_FILE file to store the FURL for multiengine clients to connect with --engine-ip=ENGINE_IP the IP address or hostname the controller will listen on for engine connections --engine-port=ENGINE_PORT the port the controller will listen on for engine connections --engine-location=ENGINE_LOCATION the IP address or hostname for engine to connect to -y turn off all engine security --engine-cert-file=ENGINE_CERT_FILE file to store the engine SSL certificate --engine-furl-file=ENGINE_FURL_FILE file to store the FURL for engines to connect with -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE log file name (default is stdout) -r try to reuse all furl files SEE ALSO
ipython(1),ipcluster(1),ipengine(1) AUTHOR
ipcontroller is a tool that ships with IPython, created by the IPython Development Team. This manual page was written by Stephan Peijnik <debian@sp.or.at>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Modified by Fer- nando Perez <Fernando.Perez@berkeley.edu> for inclusion in IPython. October 29, 2008 IPCONTROLLER(1)