Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris restore metastat configuration after solaris upgrade Post 302501270 by bartus11 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 07:40:33 AM
Old 03-03-2011
Did you loose the SVM configuration after upgrade? Or are you asking if the configuration will be preserved when upgrading? The answer to the second question is "yes", just don't touch slices containing SVM database replicas (most probably slice 7 on all disks).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

2. AIX

Restore and upgrade concurrently

I have serveral servers that are at AIX 6.1 tl4 sp1 and want to move them to new hardware and upgrade them at the same time. Using NIM and sysback images I want to backup the current server with sysback and restore it and upgrade it to AIX 6.1 tl4 sp6 to the new hardware using my NIM server. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

cisco switch + firewall configuration upgrade

Hi experts, I need to cope configuration from one switch/firewall to another switch/firewall. I have copied running configs. The question is do I have to clear the existing configuration on the dest. devices Or can I copy it(replace) directly without clearing previous config ? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Upgrade ubuntu 11.10 freeze in the logo with msg below no network configuration

Hi, I just upgrade my 11.04 to 11.10 last 2 days ang after i upgrade my system wont boot ang stay freezes forever in the logo with a msgs below state that the system will boot without network configuration. by the way before that happen the system show msgs about configure the network and again... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies
mdlogd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						mdlogd(1M)

NAME
mdlogd - Solaris Volume Manager daemon SYNOPSIS
mdlogd DESCRIPTION
mdlogd implements a simple daemon that watches the system console looking for messages written by the Solaris Volume Manger. When a Solaris Volume Manager message is detected, mdlogd sends a generic SNMP trap. To enable traps, you must configure mdlogd into the SNMP framework. See Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide. USAGE
mdlogd implements the following SNMP MIB: SOLARIS-VOLUME-MGR-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN IMPORTS enterprises FROM RFC1155-SMI DisplayString FROM SNMPv2-TC; -- Sun Private MIB for Solaris Volume Manager sun OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 42 } sunSVM OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { sun 104 } -- this is actually just the string from /dev/log that -- matches the md: regular expressions. -- This is an interim SNMP trap generator to provide -- information until a more complete version is available. -- this definition is a formalization of the old -- Solaris DiskSuite mdlogd trap mib. svmOldTrapString OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255)) ACCESS read-only STATUS mandatory DESCRIPTION "This is the matched string that was obtained from /dev/log." ::= { sunSVM 1 } -- SVM Compatibility ( error trap ) svmNotice TrapTRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log trap for NOTICE. This matches 'NOTICE: md:'" ::= 1 svmWarningTrap TRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log trap for WARNING.. This matches 'WARNING: md:'" ::= 2 svmPanicTrap TRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log traps for PANIC.. This matches 'PANIC: md:'" ::= 3 END ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlvma, SUNWlvmr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpdx(1M), attributes(5) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 3 Jun 2004 mdlogd(1M)