Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help Post 302501218 by pravin27 on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 02:11:20 AM
Old 03-03-2011
Try this,
Code:
ls /home | awk '/^-/{print $NF}' | while read file; do echo cp "$file" /home/exp/"$file.`date '+%d%m%Y'`"; done

Last edited by pravin27; 03-03-2011 at 03:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

home network not working!

i just linked 2 100MHz Linux kernel 2.4.2 boxes togeather using a direct cable connection, on two 3Com PCI network cards, using the EtherLink III chipset. Unfortuanately, when I boot both PCs, i get a loading interface: eth0 for five minutes, then a failed flag. No networking suppt. in windows,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

$HOME is not getting it's value.

#!/bin/ksh while read line < elig_jobs.txt do #Gets the field from the elig_jobs.txt file that has the input location path. INPUTD=`echo "$line" | cut -c240-289` (ex: $HOME/2005) echo inputdirectory: $INPUTD (this prints $HOME/2005) I want it to print /data/user/2005... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
4 Replies

3. Programming

HOME env

Do you know shell in Linux without HOME env. Best regards, Iliyan Varshilov (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilko_partizan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with multiple home directories.

I need to rename a directory in every home directory on a given workstation. I am a newb to scripting so maybe thats why I cant exactly figure out how to correctly do this. The first thing I need to be able to do to write this script is figure out how to list all the directorys (these are not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding date to oracle exp log

I want to add a date/time stamp to the front of each line in an oracle exp log file. I created a shell script: rm -f expTest.Pipe mknod expTest.Pipe p date "+%Y.%m.%d %T" nawk -f expTest.nawk expTest.Pipe > expTest.Tlog & exp userid=UID/PW@DB file=expTest.dmp log=expTest.log owner=OWNER 2>>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrisOracleGuy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

7. Programming

how to simulate "mkdir -p /home/blah1/blah2/blah3" in "c" where only /home exist

I'm trying to make use of mkdir(char *pathname, S_IRWXU) to create the directories. but it only creates one directory at a time. so I have to separate the tokens for "/home/blah1/blah2/blah3" as "home blah1 blah2 blah3" using delimiter "/", but it is again hectic to create such directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: platinumedge
8 Replies

8. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

New Oracle Home

How do I set ORACLE_HOME location? When I type echo $$ORACLE_HOME it gives me /u01/app/oracle//product/10.2.0/dbhome_1 which has been deleted. I just installed Oracle 11g and this is supposed to be a new oracle home /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1 Any help from the community... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
21 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer

Retro Games has announced that the C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan, available December 2019. See also: CNN: Iconic 80s computer The Commodore 64 to return with fully-functional keyboard YouTube: The C64 | Trailer ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)