Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The FASTEST copy method?
Operating Systems Solaris The FASTEST copy method? Post 302501183 by Harleyrci on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 10:40:06 PM
Old 03-02-2011
The FASTEST copy method?

Hi Experts,
I've been asked if there is a fast way to duplicate a file(10GB) and zip it at the same time. The zipped file would be FTP'd.....management is asking this. Maybe there is a better method all together? any ideas? CP will not cut it.

Thanks in advance
Harley
Harleyrci

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fastest copy command

wich is the fastest command in HP-UX to copy an entire disk to dat tapes, or even disk to disk? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fastest way to remove duplicates.

I have searched the FAQ - by using sort, duplicates, etc.... but I didn't get any articles or results on it. Currently, I am using: sort -u file1 > file2 to remove duplicates. For a file size of 1giga byte approx. time taken to remove duplicates is 1hr 21 mins. Is there any other faster way... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fastest way to traverse through large directories

Hi! I have thousands of sub-directories, and hundreds of thousands of files in them. What is the fast way to find out which files are older than a certain date? Is the "find" command the fastest? Or is there some other way? Right now I have a C script that traverses through and checks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedharange
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete/remove directory in fastest way

hello i need help to remove directory . The directory is not empty ., it contains several sub directories and files inside that.. total number of files in one directory is 12,24,446 . rm -rf doesnt work . it is prompting for every file .. i want to delete without prompting and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fastest way for searching the file

I want to search a file in fastest manner. Presently I am using 'find' command. But it is taking around 15min for searching. Is there any other method through which I can do it fast? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavbhat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way to delete line

I have a 5 GB text file(log/debug) I want to delete all lines containing 'TRACE' Command used sed -i '/TRACE/d' mylog.txt Is there any other fastest way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way calculating directory

Hi expert, Is there any fastest way to calculate recursive directory, and I have total 600 directories have 100000 files and 10 directory approximately 9000000 - 10000000 each files per directory. currently using this command "du -k --max-depth=0" to get the size but very slow it take 24 hours... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rufino
9 Replies

9. Solaris

The Fastest for copy huge data

Dear Experts, I would like to know what's the best method for copy data around 3 mio (spread in a hundred folders, size each file around 1kb) between 2 servers? I already tried using Rsync and tar command. But using these command is too long. Please advice. Thanks Edy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check fastest server and using it

hello we have upload some data in 15 servers in usa asia ... i consider to add new feature , script can detect download speed between localhost and destination and use fastest server, i have cut this part from a script which have this feature, download a xx MB file from all its source and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
0 Replies
FTP_GET(3)								 1								FTP_GET(3)

ftp_get - Downloads a file from the FTP server

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_get (resource $ftp_stream, string $local_file, string $remote_file, int $mode, [int $resumepos]) DESCRIPTION
ftp_get(3) retrieves a remote file from the FTP server, and saves it into a local file. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $local_file - The local file path (will be overwritten if the file already exists). o $remote_file - The remote file path. o $mode - The transfer mode. Must be either FTP_ASCII or FTP_BINARY. o $resumepos - The position in the remote file to start downloading from. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_get(3) example <?php // define some variables $local_file = 'local.zip'; $server_file = 'server.zip'; // set up basic connection $conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server); // login with username and password $login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass); // try to download $server_file and save to $local_file if (ftp_get($conn_id, $local_file, $server_file, FTP_BINARY)) { echo "Successfully written to $local_file "; } else { echo "There was a problem "; } // close the connection ftp_close($conn_id); ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_pasv(3), ftp_fget(3), ftp_nb_get(3), ftp_nb_fget(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_GET(3)