Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Words combinations without repetition Post 302501158 by romeo5577 on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 08:36:34 PM
Old 03-02-2011
Words combinations without repetition

How can I get all combinations of 5 words from 10 words.
For example I have 3 words and I want to get all combinations of 2 words.
"A", "B", "C" it would like AB, BC, AC.
Maybe you know some usefull code or example.
Thanx a lot.
P.S. Sorry if I'm not right enough cause I don't know English very good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random numbers without repetition

Is anyone know some scripts to generate random number without repetition using bash; for example generate 10 different random numbers. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asal_email
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping/Repetition in Batch files

Hi All, I'm just new to UNIX, does anyone know how to create a batch file in UNIX that does the following routines: 1.) process multiple files in a directory in DOS, I set my sample input file as: set INPUTFILE=%1 in UNIX>> ???? 2.) every file to be processed by executing a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimpot7268
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping/Repetition in Batch files

Hi All, I'm just new to UNIX, does anyone know how to create a batch file in UNIX that does the following routines: 1.) process multiple files in a directory in DOS, I set my sample input file as: set INPUTFILE=%1 in UNIX>> ???? 2.) every file to be processed by executing a program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimpot7268
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the repetition values in a file using bourne shell

Hi all, I have a scenario, like consider a file abc.txt, inside abc.txt, the contents is value1 = aaa, value2 = bbb, value3 = ccc, value1 = ddd. In this situation i need to throw an error for the repeatation of keys like "value1" is repeating twice. how to handle this using bourne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the repetition of a Field in File

Hi, Thanks for keeping such a help-full platform active and live always. I am new to this forum and to unix also. Want to know how to count the repetition of a field in a file. Anything of awk, sed, perl, shell script, solution are welcomed. Input File------------------ abc,12345 pqr,51223... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: indian.ace
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax Help | unix | grep | regular expression | repetition

Hello, This is my first post so, Hello World! Anyways, I'm learning how to use unix and its quickly become apparent that a strong foundation in regular expressions will make things easier. I'm not sure if my syntax is messing things up or my logic is messing things up. ps -e | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Counting the number of repetition of a pattern

the o/p of a command is -bash-2.05b# grep -o a * cc:a dd:a a dd:a office:a a a a a a a a a a a a a a (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: an2up
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

repetition calculation

cat mylist First_NAME Gender Mike M Sara F Raya M Sara F Fibi F Mike M Mike M Micheal M can someone please help me to get a script to cacluate the number of repetions for each (First name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Repetition in a particular interval

Suppose I have a word which is repeating in a string continuously. I have a set of intervals. Then how do I find the number occurrences of that word in those intervals and their location of occurrences. For example - Suppose there is a huge string anfie.......sirn of 10000 letters. Now the word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding same value to variables in does each repetition of command

So, I have this command: mkdir rolled for %%x in (*gif) do convert %%x -roll +2+6 %%x|move %%x rolled I'd like to have the +2 and +6 accumulate here. In each new gif tackled, it should increase by the amount: +2 (for x) and +6 (for y) Is this possible? I'm on Windows, DOS. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
BOGGLE(6)							   Games Manual 							 BOGGLE(6)

NAME
boggle - play the game of boggle SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/boggle [ + ] [ ++ ] DESCRIPTION
This program is intended for people wishing to sharpen their skills at Boggle (TM Parker Bros.). If you invoke the program with 4 argu- ments of 4 letters each, (e.g. "boggle appl epie moth erhd") the program forms the obvious Boggle grid and lists all the words from /usr/dict/words found therein. If you invoke the program without arguments, it will generate a board for you, let you enter words for 3 minutes, and then tell you how well you did relative to /usr/dict/words. The object of Boggle is to find, within 3 minutes, as many words as possible in a 4 by 4 grid of letters. Words may be formed from any sequence of 3 or more adjacent letters in the grid. The letters may join horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. However, no position in the grid may be used more than once within any one word. In competitive play amongst humans, each player is given credit for those of his words which no other player has found. In interactive play, enter your words separated by spaces, tabs, or newlines. A bell will ring when there is 2:00, 1:00, 0:10, 0:02, 0:01, and 0:00 time left. You may complete any word started before the expiration of time. You can surrender before time is up by hitting 'break'. While entering words, your erase character is only effective within the current word and your line kill character is ignored. Advanced players may wish to invoke the program with 1 or 2 +'s as the first argument. The first + removes the restriction that positions can only be used once in each word. The second + causes a position to be considered adjacent to itself as well as its (up to) 8 neighbors. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 20, 1985 BOGGLE(6)