Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GCC compile help - "multiple definition" when using -g Post 302501080 by Corona688 on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 12:25:03 PM
Old 03-02-2011
I suspect that means XYZ is multiply defined, then... Beyond that I can't guess without seeing your code. Can you post it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HoHow to compile Linux dialog - "curses.h" missing ?

Hi, I tried native compile Linux dialog for Linux embedded device and got "curses.h" error message. As Linux dialog is already compiled and working as Debian .deb package (installed it). What is a way to import curses.h from other package sources to work for dialog sources compilation in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition of "siblings" in /proc/cpuinfo

So, I'm looking over /proc/cpuinfo and have a question... I've read that "siblings" refers to hyperthreading, but that seems odd considering the contents of cpuinfo. Here's a part: model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz physical id : 0 siblings : 4 core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

5. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK for multiple line records RS="^" FS="#"

I have to pull multiple line records with ^ as the record separator(RS)... # should be my field separator (FS)... Sample record is: ^-60#ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource ORA-00001: unique constraint (SARADM.TCKNUM_PK) violated#PROC:AVAILABLE_FOR_GETNXTTIC#02/27/2012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
7 Replies

8. Linux

Is it possible to insert compile module after compiled "make" without installing

Hi gud day, I would like to ask if possible to load the driver i compiled module without installing it in the ubuntu-kernel-distro/updates* or simple not executing "make install". what i mean is i compile the compat wireless driver using make and i want to try to load on the system without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Encode::Guess(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Encode::Guess(3)

NAME
Encode::Guess -- Guesses encoding from data SYNOPSIS
# if you are sure $data won't contain anything bogus use Encode; use Encode::Guess qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/; my $utf8 = decode("Guess", $data); my $data = encode("Guess", $utf8); # this doesn't work! # more elaborate way use Encode::Guess; my $enc = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); ref($enc) or die "Can't guess: $enc"; # trap error this way $utf8 = $enc->decode($data); # or $utf8 = decode($enc->name, $data) ABSTRACT
Encode::Guess enables you to guess in what encoding a given data is encoded, or at least tries to. DESCRIPTION
By default, it checks only ascii, utf8 and UTF-16/32 with BOM. use Encode::Guess; # ascii/utf8/BOMed UTF To use it more practically, you have to give the names of encodings to check (suspects as follows). The name of suspects can either be canonical names or aliases. CAVEAT: Unlike UTF-(16|32), BOM in utf8 is NOT AUTOMATICALLY STRIPPED. # tries all major Japanese Encodings as well use Encode::Guess qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/; If the $Encode::Guess::NoUTFAutoGuess variable is set to a true value, no heuristics will be applied to UTF8/16/32, and the result will be limited to the suspects and "ascii". Encode::Guess->set_suspects You can also change the internal suspects list via "set_suspects" method. use Encode::Guess; Encode::Guess->set_suspects(qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); Encode::Guess->add_suspects Or you can use "add_suspects" method. The difference is that "set_suspects" flushes the current suspects list while "add_suspects" adds. use Encode::Guess; Encode::Guess->add_suspects(qw/euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis/); # now the suspects are euc-jp,shiftjis,7bit-jis, AND # euc-kr,euc-cn, and big5-eten Encode::Guess->add_suspects(qw/euc-kr euc-cn big5-eten/); Encode::decode("Guess" ...) When you are content with suspects list, you can now my $utf8 = Encode::decode("Guess", $data); Encode::Guess->guess($data) But it will croak if: o Two or more suspects remain o No suspects left So you should instead try this; my $decoder = Encode::Guess->guess($data); On success, $decoder is an object that is documented in Encode::Encoding. So you can now do this; my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); On failure, $decoder now contains an error message so the whole thing would be as follows; my $decoder = Encode::Guess->guess($data); die $decoder unless ref($decoder); my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); guess_encoding($data, [, list of suspects]) You can also try "guess_encoding" function which is exported by default. It takes $data to check and it also takes the list of suspects by option. The optional suspect list is not reflected to the internal suspects list. my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-jp euc-kr euc-cn/); die $decoder unless ref($decoder); my $utf8 = $decoder->decode($data); # check only ascii, utf8 and UTF-(16|32) with BOM my $decoder = guess_encoding($data); CAVEATS
o Because of the algorithm used, ISO-8859 series and other single-byte encodings do not work well unless either one of ISO-8859 is the only one suspect (besides ascii and utf8). use Encode::Guess; # perhaps ok my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, 'latin1'); # definitely NOT ok my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/latin1 greek/); The reason is that Encode::Guess guesses encoding by trial and error. It first splits $data into lines and tries to decode the line for each suspect. It keeps it going until all but one encoding is eliminated out of suspects list. ISO-8859 series is just too successful for most cases (because it fills almost all code points in x00-xff). o Do not mix national standard encodings and the corresponding vendor encodings. # a very bad idea my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/shiftjis MacJapanese cp932/); The reason is that vendor encoding is usually a superset of national standard so it becomes too ambiguous for most cases. o On the other hand, mixing various national standard encodings automagically works unless $data is too short to allow for guessing. # This is ok if $data is long enough my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, qw/euc-cn euc-jp shiftjis 7bit-jis euc-kr big5-eten/); o DO NOT PUT TOO MANY SUSPECTS! Don't you try something like this! my $decoder = guess_encoding($data, Encode->encodings(":all")); It is, after all, just a guess. You should alway be explicit when it comes to encodings. But there are some, especially Japanese, environment that guess-coding is a must. Use this module with care. TO DO
Encode::Guess does not work on EBCDIC platforms. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Encoding perl v5.16.3 2013-04-29 Encode::Guess(3)