Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I use pipe
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I use pipe Post 302501038 by joeyg on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 10:11:35 AM
Old 03-02-2011
Question

What are you asking?
What are you trying to accomplish with your command?
It would appear that some of your redirection is un-needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pipe help

i made a lot of processes. here is the code: main() { printf("\nEnter K="); scanf("%d",&k); printf("Enter L="); scanf("%d",&l); printf("\nFather id=%d\n",getpid()); x=0; makechild(); sleep(2); return 1; } int makechild() { for(q=1;q<=k;q++) { if(f=fork()) { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb666
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe | question

how do you pipe the results to next statement as argument? somecommand | grep $result somefile how do you reference $result with?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

5. Programming

Pipe error

hi guys, o have a big error in this program but i cant solve someone ?! #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char *argv){ int cont = 2, posicao; char geraArquivo= "|cat>>", espaco=" "; char nomeArquivo, comando,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beandj
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use pipe in perl

I want to do the following in perl: print $output | grep ' something' | awk '{print $2}'; I know there is system(); but it does not behave the way I was expecting it in perl. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

8. Programming

pipe() - Sincronization

Hi guys. I've a problem with pipes, I'm trying to make a program that can create a child process and they must generate the folowing output: Ping ... Pong Ping ... Pong Ping ... Pong I want syncronize the output whithout using the semephores, can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. /** *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use an input pipe ?

Hi all, I would like to use properly an input pipe, like this : cat myFile.txt | myCommand.shI always find this solution : while read line; do ...; donebut I have a great lost of performance ! On a big file, with a simple grep, I can spend 2400 times more time ! oO (from 0,023sec to 1m)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeNouveau
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
libcadmin(1M)															     libcadmin(1M)

NAME
libcadmin - libc administration command SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/libcadmin DESCRIPTION
The command is used to perform administrative functions for Currently the only function that the command performs is to replace the shared 32-bit PA-RISC2.0 library in with the shared 32-bit PA-RISC1.1 version of that library. There are no required arguments or options used with this command. The archive library and the symbolic link are unaffected by the com- mand. During the system installation process, the shared 32-bit PA-RISC1.1 library is copied into This library is the same as the PA-RISC2.0 library except that it was built with different compiler options. The PA-RISC2.0 library provides much higher performance than the PA- RISC1.1 library. However, if the system administrator desires to have the PA-RISC1.1 library installed instead, allows the system adminis- trator to accomplish this task. When is executed, the PA-RISC2.0 library is stored in and the PA-RISC1.1 library is copied into It is recommended that the system be re-booted after executing the command so that applications which are linked shared against will use the shared 32-bit PA-RISC1.1 version of that library. Once the command is executed, the only way to put the PA-RISC2.0 library back in place is to re-install the operating system. The command can only be executed by a user with superuser privileges. DIAGNOSTICS
Multiple executions of the command will result in an error message indicating the PA-RISC1.1 library is already installed. Executing this command on a PA-RISC1.1 machine will result in an error message indicating the PA-RISC1.1 library is already installed. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero(0). Otherwise a one(1) is returned. WARNINGS
Since HP stopped shipping the PA1.1 version of beginning with HP-UX 11i Version 2, this command is currently nonfunctional. is planned for obsolescence at a future release. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. TO BE OBSOLETED libcadmin(1M)