Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help to install Sybil software Post 302500916 by sluvah on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 08:18:47 AM
Old 03-02-2011
I confirm for perl, It's v5.10.1

I have no process of postgre. I'm gonna try to find out how to make it running
Thank you, at least I know now where is the bug.

I will be back later, if needed, with postgre working Smilie

Thanks,
Bye

---------- Post updated at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:22 AM ----------

I'm back...

Apache is working well (I see it with firefox)
Postgre is, I think, working well because I can create users, grant select and things like that,
Perl is installed as said before.

BUT

I'm unable to finish my installation, probably due to lack of knowledge...

What I have done so far : (from : Sybil: Downloads )

Step one : OK
Step two : OK, but... The original file has been replaced by another file wich seems to give the same results ?
Step theree :
- Unpack : OK
- Copy of directory : OK
- Edit of the first line of chado_demo/conf/sybil.conf : NO
===> I don't understand what I should write ????

- Edit of chado_demo/conf/demo.conf : YES, but
===> My postgreSQL user is sybil, as created before. But it have no password, so I leave the pasword field empty ('')

- Temporary images folder thing : OK, i think...
===> I create the folders /usr/local/apache2/tmp/sybil/ with chmod 777 and put the according path in the file (I can provide the file if needed)

- Shared URL path : Dunno...
===> I put the path as said (can provide the file too)

What I get when opening my browser on apache : the page try to load, without success...

Help, please !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

software install on solaris 10

what is the command to install a software from a remote server or cd? pkg_add -rv bash < freebsd i need the same command on solaris i try to use pkgadd but no success (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: litch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where can i get software for install unix

Need help guys, i need to know where can i get a unix on solaris 10 software to install unix into my computer since i dont have internet. I want to start playing on them at home. Any help appreciated .... sonny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rxsonny
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission to install software

Hello everyone, I want to install a software on an external hard disk. I used Fedora core 6 whose default shell is bash. As user I have changed to sh shell because in order to install I have to use the sh shell. I had changed permission on all the files using sh-3.1$ chmod +x... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitij109
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to install xbrowser software on HPUX?

Hi fnds, Can anybody tell me how to install x brower software on HP-UX and after successfull installation how I can launch the x browser. Thanks, Vinodky (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodky
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to install the audio software in my pc

Hi, my friend refer me here he was saying that they have the best solution and really good wisdom of the UNIX system , i am learning and trying to install the audio software in my pc , but it 's not working may be i am forgetting something. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maggilane
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use yast2 to install software in SUSE?

Hi I ssh to a remote server which is running in SUSE. And I want to install apache2.0 there. Then I used yast2 to install it. But after installing it, I go to the terminal and type" apache -version" to check if apache is installed there. And it said "-bash: apache: command not found" I don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Install a Software on Fedora!

Hi, I've been busy since this afternoon with an editor called e3 installation process! I have the source code and I think that I have to make a .C file first then try make command ... ./configure doesn't work, there is no useful README and I am completely lost... The file for Fedora x86_64 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Customize/install software package after?

Hi Team While installation of RHEL, By mistake I have selected "Customize Later". RHEL has installed with basic software. NOw I need to install the other package which is available in DVD, How Can I get the same package selection window to install the software ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

9. AIX

Install software in another directory with smitty install

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows if is possible to install sofware via smitty or installp in another directorie , or we have to accept the default location? i would like to intall in /opt folder , but smitty installed it in /usr Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

User to install software

Hi there. I'm setting up my first "proper" server using RHEL - in the past I've only had various test servers etc running, so want to make sure I'm doing things properly. When installing s/w, let's say Apache, I don't want it to run as root, correct? Should I then create a new user "apache"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies
ffproxy.quick(7)				       BSD Miscellaneous Information Manual					  ffproxy.quick(7)

NAME
ffproxy.quick -- filtering HTTP/HTTPS proxy server quick introduction DESCRIPTION
ffproxy is a filtering HTTP/HTTPS proxy server. It is able to filter by host, URL, and header. Custom header entries can be filtered and added. It can even drop its privileges and optionally chroot(2) to some directory. Logging to syslog(3) is supported, as is using another auxiliary proxy server. An HTTP accelerator feature (acting as a front-end to an HTTP server) is included. Contacting IPv6 servers as well as binding to IPv6 is supported and allows transparent IPv6 over IPv4 browsing (and vice versa). This manual describes how to set up a basic HTTP proxy installation. It is assumed that you already have compiled the program or installed it via port or package. COPYING FILES
The program comes with default configuration files that contain both examples and suggested entries. You can simply copy them to a directory of your choice. This directory will become the program's working directory. mkdir /var/ffproxy tar cf - db/ html/ | ( cd /var/ffproxy ; tar xf - ) cp sample.config /var/ffproxy/ffproxy.conf Above example would install all needed files to /var/ffproxy, which is ffproxy's default working directory. SECURING
The proxy now has its own working directory. By default, ffproxy does not change UID/GID after start. For security reasons we want to enable it. You have two choices know: Either use existing UID/GID or add custom UID/GID for ffproxy. See adduser(8) or useradd(8), depend- ing on your system, on how to create new IDs. Edit ffproxy.conf and change the lines containing uid and gid # change UID and GID # # to use, both uid and gid must be set # (disabled by default) #uid proxy #gid proxy uid _ffproxy gid _ffproxy In addition to changing UID and GID, ffproxy should be executed change-rooted to its working directory. So we change chroot_dir and db_files_path in the configuration file # change root to (only in connection with uid and gid change) # (disabled by default) chroot_dir /var/ffproxy # path to db/ and html/ directories # (default: /var/ffproxy) db_files_path . db_files_path must be changed, too, since that is relative to new root. Finally, we copy /etc/resolv.conf to ffproxy's home to enable DNS in chroot and chown /var/ffproxy so the proxy's master process can write its PID file mkdir /var/ffproxy/etc cp /etc/resolv.conf /var/ffproxy/etc/ chmod 750 /var/ffproxy chown _ffproxy._ffproxy /var/ffproxy ACCESS TO THE PROXY
By default, nobody is allowed to connect to ffproxy. Let's say, we want to provide LAN users a filtering proxy to shut down malicous content coming from the Internet. So the proxy has to be listening on the local network interface only. We change bind_ipv4 and bind_ipv6 appropi- ately in ffproxy.conf bind_ipv4 martyr.burden.eu.org bind_ipv6 martyr.burden.eu.org Additionally, we have to change db/access.ip. By, for example, ^192.168.10. we allow 192.168.10.0/24 to use our proxy. STARTING THE PROXY
Last step is starting ffproxy. Keep in mind that we run the program change-rooted to /var/ffproxy, so files are relative to new root. cd /var/ffproxy ; /usr/local/bin/ffproxy -f ffproxy.conf starts ffproxy. Now test if it works correctly. If not, change ffproxy.conf and/or read ffproxy(8) ffproxy.conf(5) ffproxy is not running as daemon right know. If everything seems to work, simply shut down the proxy by pressing CTRL-C, set `daemonize yes' in the configuration file and start ffproxy again. TRANSPARENT OPERATION
The proxy allows transparent operation, that is, HTTP traffic is redirect to the proxy which simulates a HTTP server so that the users don't have to specify a proxy server. Consider forced usage of a proxy server as well. To do that, you will have to configure your NAT accord- ingly. On OpenBSD you'll want a line like rdr on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port 80 -> 127.0.0.1 port 8080 in /etc/pf.conf. See your NAT's documentation for details on how to do this. VERSION
This manual documents ffproxy 1.6 (2005-01-05). SEE ALSO
ffproxy(8), ffproxy.conf(5), pf.conf(5) Jan 5, 2005