Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match Post 302500899 by sb245 on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 01:42:54 AM
Old 03-02-2011
how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum

Code:
#!/bin/sh
RuleNum=$1

cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}'

Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives output of a single rule number. The lines are like below:-

Code:
/usr/bwmgr/utils/bwmgr em1 -x 735 -name user92 -addr 10.10.201.92 -addrmsk 255.255.255.252 -bwout 1024000 -bwin 2048000 -statsdevice user92 -stats

When I run the script against the rules file for rule number 735, the o/p will be like below:-

Code:
sh script.sh 735

2048000 1024000

I need to display this in a web page. My web programmer tells me that I must have a php script. How can I convert this script to a php script which would give me the same results.

tia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

2. Web Development

php script + not displaying webpage

Hi guys Im in the process of designing a website for my company which does the following 1) Daily execution a perl script. The perl script's output is diverted to a .html file. 2) The .html file generated from 1) sets up a centralised webpage showing options as radio buttons (the radio... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script displaying Directories

I am new to shell programming and have an assignment question which requires me to list the contents of the present working directory in 4 column format and highlight any subdirectories. It then requires me to develop the shell script to accept a directory name as a positional parameter (if no... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjnd1988
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script: grep multiple lines after pattern match

I have sql file containing lot of queries on different database table. I have to filter specific table queries. Let say i need all queries of test1,test2,test3 along with four lines above it and sql queries can be multi lines or in single line. Input file contains. set INSERT_ID=1; set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying uppercase in shell script

Hi, The user value y/n should get display in upper case printf "$FBOLD\nDo you want to continue?: $FREG" Do you want to continue?: y Though user enters in smaller case y, but it should get display in uppercase Y How it can be done ? With Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match Script

Hi, I have a requirement in which I have to search the File name for pattern and if the pattern matches then I will have generate a value. Example: If $File_name='*NF' Then "NBC" Else $File_Name='SC*' Then "CBS" Else "FB" fi What is the best way to do this? I want to pass the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: btt3165
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match a pattern and print only the pattern and after that

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ...... .......xyz: abz: ..... I have tried using awk and cut, bu the position of these values keep changing, so I can use awk and split it into columns. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script for displaying the line till the target word

" Script for display sentences with special character" Hi, Could any one share a command how to display a line until my target word. For ex: My file has the content as: select * from db_wrk where col1 < col2 insert into table_name values('1','2','tst','wrk','dev','prod') My target... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiselvi66
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), gznew(1), gzmore(1), gzcmp(1), gzforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZEXE(1)