Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shared Object Question
Top Forums Programming Shared Object Question Post 302500871 by Corona688 on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 10:08:58 PM
Old 03-01-2011
Link in those dependencies when you create the library.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Does my ld support shared object creation

Hi, I have been trying to create a sharef object on my HP UX 11 machine (HP-UX <myhostname> B.11.00 A 9000/879 ...... two-user license) to create the shared object first I am creating the object file using cc -Aa -c +z dyn.c (I use -Aa and +z as per HP's manual on linkers ) to create the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
0 Replies

2. Linux

Shared Object File

Hi All, I created the share object file using gcc -shared -fpic mypp.cpp -o myp.so but, pls tell me how to link this .so file to my client program. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

3. AIX

Shared Object library problem

Hi, When using shared objects on AIX 4.3 i am getting runtime problems. I have a small sample program which links to a shared object libray, oracle and system related libraries. At runtime it fails (gives segmentation fault and coredump ) in one proc file when executing login statement. But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
0 Replies

4. Programming

calling a shared object from a daemon

Hi I have a multithreaded daemon(server) which will accept connections from various clients and sends back results to them. In order to serve my daemon clients, it has to establish a TCP connection to another server(vendor supplied which is listening on a specific TCP port) and gets the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with shared object in AIX

Hi All, I have a problem with the shared objects setup in AIX. We have a customized shell written by the developers over here. When i issue a MQ Series command (mqsilist) it is giving the error as . All the commands making use of this libImbCmdLib.a.so is failing. But when executed in normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to access shared object using shell

Hi, I have created a shared object (abc.so) which has a function sum(int a, int b). Is there any way to load the "abc.so" and use the sum function using shell script.. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.2 C++ shared object issue

Hi all, I am developing an application with two components. One "c" binary and one "C++" shared object. While execution, the shared object crashes out and core dump is created whenever "new" is executed. But if i use malloc this will work perfectly. I tried to use dbx. Below given was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itssujith
1 Replies

8. Programming

Error while running shared object

Hello, While running a c++ shared object on AIX I am facing below error - rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __ct__3ETDFv was referenced from module /bancs/aml/lib/libmonitor.so(), but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found. rtld: 0712-001 Symbol etd_insert__3ETDFv was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

shared object

Hi, I would like to create a shared object ( .so). This shared object 1. uses the functions from a library. 2. Also it should be able to use the global variable in an app To achieve this what should I do ? 1) To use the functions in the library should I give the -ld option while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

10. Programming

Help building and using a shared object (x64)

Hello, I am not that experienced with Linux, and I am currently facing some issues. The application I'm working on uses hundreds of threads. To optimize the memory usage, I am putting all my data inside a shared object (so). The steps for this are as follows: 1. a C file (generated... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maelstrom
17 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)