Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian PB : DNS Client don't ping internet Post 302500824 by DGPickett on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 03:59:30 PM
Old 03-01-2011
Your default gateway is the DNS not a router.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Can't ping internet. Need help

I am running AIX, and just newly installed this sytem. I thought I had all the settings correct, but may be wrong. I set up the DNS to point to my router which has DNS relay. Router IP is 192.168.0.1 AIX server IP is 192.168.0.164 I can ping my router with no problem. When I do a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrciano1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables rule to block ping to internet

I want to block ping on a linuxbox to any other address where it would go to the default gateway. vmdebianamd64:/etc/tcng# route Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 198.9.200.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet DNS Server with Sun

Hi all. I have one Sun Server T2000, then i want to running DNS service in that. So I don't know what's cPanel program which can help me manage my DNS server. Webmin is included in Solaris 10 - but i think that it's not enough flexible for my management. Anyone can help me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Windows 7 Host Cannot ping Solaris 10 DNS on VM

Hello All, Host - Windows 7 64 BIT Guest OS - Solaris 10 64 on VMWARE workstation Problem : I can not ping solaris VM from my host OS. please suggest the solution. Host OS:ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : INPS01900LT ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_1111
5 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS client - what exactly it is

Hi all, I always thought DNS server = provide DNS response (host to ip / ip to host) to DNS client (which send DNS resolve request). So in my solaris 10 box, i setup /etc/resolv/conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf (added in dns) etc. Yes, i am able to dig and nslookup. But.. am i a DNS client ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS problem : ping doesn't recognize hostname

I have vmware on my windows PC ( hostname : acer ). vmware has RHEL 7 ( hostname : rhel7 ) installed recently. RHEL IP configuration IP : 192.168.5.128 Netmask : 255.255.255.0 ssh to rhel7 works from acer using putty resolve.conf cat /etc/resolv.conf nameserver 192.168.5.1 host... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS - set preferred DNS servers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS, char *servers); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * that is the list of DNS servers to be used instead of the system default. The format of the dns servers option is: host[:port][,host[:port]]... For example: 192.168.1.100,192.168.1.101,3.4.5.6 The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL - use system default PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option requires that libcurl was built with a resolver backend that supports this operation. The c-ares backend is the only such one. Added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN if support was disabled at compile-time, CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT when given an invalid server list, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_DNS_LOCAL_IP4(3), CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)