Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unix file, folder permissions, security auditing tools. Post 302500726 by bartus11 on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 11:15:05 AM
Old 03-01-2011
Try googling for "BART" and "ASET". They are available for Solaris 10, I don't know if you can use them with Solaris 8...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Security and auditing

I am starting an audit of unix security within our company and am looking for any information that may assist me with this. I am looking for any tips or pointers that I should be aware of when looking at unix. I am very new to unix so any help will do. Maybe there is someone out the that has had... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GW01
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX File Permissions

Hello, What does the following mean in terms of file permissions. -rw-rwSrw- 1 owner group 999 May 25 2004 file_name What does the "S" stand for. Thanks in advance for your input. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

folder permissions

I work for a big company and all the people within my unit share a common drive to save documents to. I am listed in the group(AMS group) that has access rights to folders within this drive. but i'm trying to restrict access to a confidential folder so that only I can access it. when I set the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shed
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Directory of Security Links (Software Tools)

Hello, If you are interested in security, check out this new directory of unix and linux related software tools. Security - Links If you have any of your favorite tools, feel free to add them to the directory. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix File Permissions

I want to change one of my Dir permissions to drwx--S--- Can you tell me which number i have to use. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
4 Replies

6. Tips and Tutorials

Unix File Permissions

Introduction I have seen some misinformation regarding Unix file permissions. I will try to set the record straight. Take a look at this example of some output from ls: $ ls -ld /usr/bin /usr/bin/cat drwxrwxr-x 3 root bin 8704 Sep 23 2004 /usr/bin -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Folder permissions

Hi Team, I want to set permissions to one folder in such a way that the user can write files or create folder inside that but should not able to delete it. Basically reason behind this is i am using Pidgin Messenger. There is a directory of logs in which, when user chat its store his logs.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)