Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files Post 302500686 by arnolao on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 09:29:03 AM
Old 03-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
I think you need to use "ftp -i" . i.e. Disable interactive prompting for multiple-file commands.
Thanks !!
I had the same issue as the first poster and it solved it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget * (obtein files from current directory but not the files form sub-directories)

Hello, Using the instruction mget (within ftp) and with "Interactive mode off", I want to get all files from directory (DirAA), but not the files in sub-directories. The files names don't follow any defined rule, so they can be just letters without (.) period Directory structure example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter321
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget new files only

Hi all, I am currently in the process of setting up an FTP server with limited knowledge :p. I have run into an issue that i need some help with. Basically i want to be able to download files off another remote server twice a day every day but i want to make sure it only downloads new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot copy files using mget

I performed the following operations: - ftp - open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - username, password - dir 200 PORT command succesful 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls I see some files and 1 directory - I digit: mget * for each file I see: mget .\nomefile? Y 200 PORT command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreac81
9 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Mget command issue

Hi, I am facing an issue with mget command, below are the details The following commands are in a batch file "abc.ctl" cd /mypath/mydirectory/ mget 'MYFILE_*.touch' bye I use this file as a parameter for an sftp command sftp -b abc.ctl -oIdentityFile=$myserver -oPort=$myport >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh_mh
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring Files via ssh (bash)

I am trying to transfer my website using ssh(hostbasedauthentication) using: sudo ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "HostbasedAuthentication yes" -l testuser 192.168.3.1 "find /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com -depth | grep -f include| cpio -oavc| gzip" > $backup_dir/fullwwwsite$date.cpio.gz ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

9. AIX

Rcp error while transferring files

i am trying to use a rsh script that uses the rcp command to copy files from server to server but it always produce the following error: HOSTNAME: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end Error: failed to copy /test to HOST2 system Error: failed to execute command on remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files to directories

I have a large number of files with file names of the format iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.029.000000.sac... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)