Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Real UNICODE back to string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Real UNICODE back to string Post 302500661 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 08:05:54 AM
Old 03-01-2011
First off - UTF-8 supports from 1 - 4 bytes in a multibyte locale.

To set unicode correctly check out:
A Quick Primer On Unicode and Software Internationalization Under Linux and UNIX

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting string to unicode

How can I can convert a string in a shell script that looks something like: ]] to unicode equivalent? thanks a lot, webtekie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webtekie
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to make static unicode string?

In Windows, wchar_t *pStr = L"Hello"; works, but I can't find the equivalent to Unix system. How can I make static stack-memory-based wide character string in C in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sledge76
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing back quotes from string in CSH

Hello, I am using csh to read a text file and save its words into variable $word in a foreach loop. These words have small back quotes ` as integral parts of them, for example, one word would be `abc`, another would be `xyz1` etc... These quotes are always the first and last characters of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aplaydoc
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't install Unicode::String due to String.so not found

CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/Unicode-String-2.09.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm /usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies

8. Programming

Unicode String Issue

I am storing some unicode characters "лфи" in a char array. When I view(x/30s <variable name>) the values in gdb it show me something like: 0x80ac47c: "?\004>\004 " 0x80ac482: "A\0048\004;\004L\004D\004>\004=\004:\0045\004/" Why it is happening so and what are these \004 representing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
unicode(n)						       Unicode normalization							unicode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
unicode - Implementation of Unicode normalization SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require unicode 1.0 ::unicode::fromstring string ::unicode::tostring uclist ::unicode::normalize form uclist ::unicode::normalizeS form string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This is an implementation in Tcl of the Unicode normalization forms. COMMANDS
::unicode::fromstring string Converts string to list of integer Unicode character codes which is used in unicode for internal string representation. ::unicode::tostring uclist Converts list of integers uclist back to Tcl string. ::unicode::normalize form uclist Normalizes Unicode characters list ulist according to form and returns the normalized list. Form form takes one of the following values: D (canonical decomposition), C (canonical decomposition, followed by canonical composition), KD (compatibility decomposi- tion), or KC (compatibility decomposition, followed by canonical composition). ::unicode::normalizeS form string A shortcut to ::unicode::tostring [unicode::normalize $form [::unicode::fromstring $string]]. Normalizes Tcl string and returns normalized string. EXAMPLES
% ::unicode::fromstring "u0410u0411u0412u0413" 1040 1041 1042 1043 % ::unicode::tostring {49 50 51 52 53} 12345 % % ::unicode::normalize D {7692 775} 68 803 775 % ::unicode::normalizeS KD "u1d2c" A % REFERENCES
[1] "Unicode Standard Annex #15: Unicode Normalization Forms", (http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/) AUTHORS
Sergei Golovan BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category string- prep of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
stringprep(n) KEYWORDS
normalization, unicode COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru> stringprep 1.0.0 unicode(n)